Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by madbikerbob Quote
I bought the Tamron version of this lens a few weeks ago second hand for 74.00, I am very impresssed with its performance so far it is very sharp and does not seem to suffer from any CA as yet and a really great portrait lens to boot, money well spent I think. The only issue so far is its a tad slow but at that price its a compromize.
care to share some of your sample shots of this lens?

09-03-2008, 11:27 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FA 28-105mm F4-5.6

I acquired this lens with a used K200D two months ago. Haven't really used it yet but a few quick snap shots at 28 & 105mm / f11 seem OK.

It's certainly a Tamron product including the lens cap with a Pentax label. Plastic with metal mount similiar to the mid-range Tamrons in build. Light and solid enough to be a reasonable walk-about pair with the Pentax 18-55 with similar feel and expectations. Not quite the Tamron 28-200 for instance but for $100-130 I wouldn't feel disappointed in this as a medium kit lens. No special close focus feature.

Things I like about it are:
- the aperture ring on what's otherwise an FA lens.
- AF's OK
- works fine with a P3n and a ZX-7 as a FF lens
- a reasonable kit lens in that focal length
- an effective Tamron style lens hood

Try the Tamron reviews of that lens for perspective.

Pacerr
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo 
01-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I recognize this is an old post but thought I'd add my two cents...62mm filter sizes are a dead giveaway for a Tamron rebadge, and is probably the reason that it doesn't have a 'normal' Pentax lens cap. I have the Tamron version that I had bought for film (P3n) many years ago but never use it now. I prefer the Pentax FA 28-105 f/3.2-4.5 in every respect (except for the silver color, but I'm getting used to it). On the positive side, that tamron is a fairly modern design with internal focus, a non-rotating front element, bayonet tulip lens hood, and reasonably light weight. I recall that it has a pretty short focus throw which may not be the best for manual focusing.
01-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I posted some info about it, in this thread :

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/36993-few-thoughts-about-...tml#post344522