Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2012, 02:52 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
I wonder what the roadmap's "DA high magnification zoom" will be. The previous DA 18-250 was a Tamron joint venture and lacked quick-shift. They could do a plastic mount and no quick shift on the new one too.
Yes - I haven't heard much talk about this one. But Pentax is bound to announce at least one item that people don't seem to be thinking about very much - this lens is due this year, so I expect we'll hear about it. While there's a strong chance we won't hear about FF yet, this lens, the 560/5.6, a K-5 replacement, and a ~K-r replacement would all make sense. They're even supposed to have a 645D replacement some day, and I we may see some Q lens(es). I think Pentax may have some pretty interesting stuff this year that most people aren't thinking about or expecting.

And although I was thinking a cheap 24 & 85 would be good, they could actually use a fast pro-level lens at each of these focal lengths just as well!

Last edited by DSims; 08-26-2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: grammar