Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #226
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
Are we talking about the SP Pro model (white) or the regular black model?
I think there is not any SP Pro model for Pentax mount.

04-05-2008, 03:44 AM   #227
Veteran Member

Mine arrived in the mail today ... from Canada.
And what a day to arrive ... on World Pentax Day too
04-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #228
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
I think there is not any SP Pro model for Pentax mount.
I have the Kenko Pz-AF 3X Teleplus Pro 300 -- but I don't know whether the other teleconverters in the Pro series have been made in Pentax K mount. It works very well with my Tamron 300/2.8, but the resulting 900/8 lens requires a sturdy tripod.

Here is a picture taken wide open (at F/2.8 or F/8 actual aperture) with the Tamron 300 + 3X TC combo (no sharpening):

100% crop of above picture:

Cheers!

Abbazz

Last edited by Abbazz; 04-05-2008 at 05:35 PM.
04-05-2008, 08:08 PM   #229
Veteran Member

May I ask where you got the Tamron teleconverter, please? I can't find one anywhere in Australia in a Pentax mount. Bummer!

I can get the usual culprits - Canon, Nikon, and now Sony - but no Pentax. I've tried the biggest of the local online retailers at digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au and camerawarehouse.com.au.

I'm very interested in this TC, assuming that it passes all lens info through to the camera and full AF etc works as normal with the TC in place.

Thanks for any help.

04-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #230
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Derridale Quote
May I ask where you got the Tamron teleconverter, please? I can't find one anywhere in Australia in a Pentax mount. Bummer!

I can get the usual culprits - Canon, Nikon, and now Sony - but no Pentax. I've tried the biggest of the local online retailers at digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au and camerawarehouse.com.au.

I'm very interested in this TC, assuming that it passes all lens info through to the camera and full AF etc works as normal with the TC in place.

Thanks for any help.
Just make sure you get the right part number..
04-05-2008, 10:30 PM   #231
Veteran Member

Thanks Javier. I see the part number is AF14P700, but it is unavailable here in Australia as far as I can find out.

I might wait for my next trip to the USA to try and get one.
04-06-2008, 03:03 AM   #232
Veteran Member

I was lucky ... JCSullivan in Canada was looking at parting with his ... and I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

I think there are a couple of stores that still sell them ... not sure if they are willing to ship to Oz though.

Maybe some of our lovely hospitable US/Canadian forumers are willing to purchase these TCs (after sending them the $$$$$$ for it) and send it OS. Just a thought maybe.
04-06-2008, 03:13 AM   #233
Veteran Member

Now that WOULD be a nice thing to do....

I believe the model I need, from reading this thread, is the MC4 model, to work with my DA* lenses.

I'm more than happy to pay whatever it takes, including postage or DHL etc, and if anyone CAN find one for me, I'd be most grateful.

I can be reached at:

pentaxian at fastmail dot fm

Any help much appreciated.

I do have access to PayPal for repayment, if that helps.

04-06-2008, 03:38 AM   #234
Veteran Member

Yeah it is the MC4 version you will need.
04-06-2008, 03:50 AM   #235
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
Yeah it is the MC4 version you will need.

Excuse the soft-ish image ... I was testing out a new lens to see what it was like wide-open in average lighting.
As I expected after reading a few reviews ... it is a little soft.

But that's the TC that you are after for SDM support.
04-06-2008, 03:53 AM   #236
Veteran Member

Thanks Simon - much appreciated.

If I can't get one through the team in here, I'll have a ferret around some of the US/Canada online photo retailers. I'd try B&H Photo, but they want photocopies of credit cards and driver's licenses etc - I'm not that keen to have an image of my credit card and signature floating around the place outside my wallet.
04-06-2008, 04:15 AM   #237
Veteran Member

Thanks Simon - much appreciated.

If I can't get one through the team in here, I'll have a ferret around some of the US/Canada online photo retailers. I'd try B&H Photo, but they want photocopies of credit cards and driver's licenses etc - I'm not that keen to have an image of my credit card and signature floating around the place outside my wallet.
B&H doesn't have it ... i tried.

There were a few links earlier in this thread that has the TC ... not sure if they still have it now though ... a few have gone on eBay for more than double the "new" price for one too ... so be careful there.
04-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #238
Inactive Account

Roberts Imaging seems to still have it:

Roberts Imaging - Photography Supply, Digital Cameras, SLR Cameras

but if I remember right they don't ship outside US?

Also found this link:

eBay India: Tamron 1.4x AF Teleconverter for Pentax AF (item 190211940065 end time 07-Apr-2008 01:54:47 IST)
04-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #239
Veteran Member

Thanks for those links, Georg. I'll look into them.

The eBay one I'm not so sure about - I've been bitten by eBay before, and now am very reluctant to buy through them. I bought an old Pentax Spotmatic, said to be "in perfect condition" complete with photos on the eBay listing - and when it arrived, it was in pieces and incomplete, just stuffed into a cardboard box with no packing. Never did get my money back on that one.

And I had to fight to get money from a buyer for a phone I sold on eBay too - ended up getting it, but only after a prolonged exchange of emails and phone calls.

Thanks again for the links - I'll do some searching tonight Australia-time.
04-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #240
Inactive Account

Thanks for those links, Georg. I'll look into them.

The eBay one I'm not so sure about - I've been bitten by eBay before, and now am very reluctant to buy through them. I bought an old Pentax Spotmatic, said to be "in perfect condition" complete with photos on the eBay listing - and when it arrived, it was in pieces and incomplete, just stuffed into a cardboard box with no packing. Never did get my money back on that one.

And I had to fight to get money from a buyer for a phone I sold on eBay too - ended up getting it, but only after a prolonged exchange of emails and phone calls.

Thanks again for the links - I'll do some searching tonight Australia-time.
Sent a PM with some further info, mainly that they do ship internationally...