Buyer is from the States.
This is nutz

05-25-2008, 06:29 PM   #347
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Sold for USD 335,- !!

Buyer is from the States.

I looked at that and thought it was a misprint. This is crazy.
05-26-2008, 05:17 AM   #348

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
This is nutz
Yep. And posting links to ongoing auctions will only make it worse.
I was bidding on that item. There are more auctions to come, so no real harm done
And I do know you only posted to help.

Maybe it had nothing to do with the aution link here. But please don't do it again Javier.
05-26-2008, 09:47 AM   #349
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fototim Quote
Yep. And posting links to ongoing auctions will only make it worse.
I was bidding on that item. There are more auctions to come, so no real harm done
And I do know you only posted to help.

Maybe it had nothing to do with the aution link here. But please don't do it again Javier.
Normally I don't post those types of links, but I was pointing out that it was NOT the MC-4 model that has many limitations. I have that model that was on the auction block as well as the MC-4 model and they are quite different in performance....

On a second note, I do not buy much from ebay, although I just won an Tokina 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5 lens for my K1OOO, but the point is I have often wondered how often members bid against each other...How does one go about coming up with some sort of compromise for this? I have lost a few auctions simply because I will not pay for something that is worth less that I am willing to pay....On the other hand I did pay $100.00 more for a lens that was not really worth what I paid but I really wanted it, so I bought it.....So I do understand how it is that this fellow whom ever he is paid all that money for the Tamron TC1.4, but if it indeed is NOT the MC-4 model, he will be disappointed...

Anyway, good luck in finding a Tamron TC 1.4 MC-4...If I run across one, I will send u a PM.

05-26-2008, 10:54 AM   #350

Anyway, good luck in finding a Tamron TC 1.4 MC-4...If I run across one, I will send u a PM.
I have a confecion to make. I kind of pulling your leg Javier. I wasn't a part of that auction. I was deliberately using a dirty trick to make a point. So in fact I'm the one owing you one

Hope you can forgive me the stunt.
05-27-2008, 12:45 AM   #351

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
I looked at that and thought it was a misprint. This is crazy.
Looks like they used some fake user to fool him.
eBay.com Item Bid History

The guy has also bought a k10d instruction dvd on ebay.
05-27-2008, 05:59 AM   #352
Veteran Member

What is the different with the MC-4 Model and others?
05-27-2008, 06:27 AM   #353
AML

Okami, if you read the first couple of pages in this thread, Javier and others explain the differences's.

05-27-2008, 06:51 AM   #354
Veteran Member

I've read the first few pages and it it's in the last few that confuse me. It almost seems like they are talking about the mc-4 as a different version of the tamron? or are they just referring to the tamron as the mc-4 now?
05-27-2008, 07:07 AM   #355
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Okami Quote
I've read the first few pages and it it's in the last few that confuse me. It almost seems like they are talking about the mc-4 as a different version of the tamron? or are they just referring to the tamron as the mc-4 now?
The MC-4 is a different ''newer'' version of the Tamrom MC-4 model. It will fully support sdm lenses and has great optical quality.
05-27-2008, 10:34 AM   #356

OK - I've read through the posts on this topic so far, and have a question that may or may not have already been answered, but I missed it...

I have a Tamron-F AF Teleconverter 2X Pz-AF BBAR MC7 - I also have a DA* 50-135, and it doesn't AF with the TC...

Should it?
05-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #357
Veteran Member

The MC-4 is a different ''newer'' version of the Tamrom MC-4 model. It will fully support sdm lenses and has great optical quality.
How do you tell the difference between the two, or is there a hint to which page has info on this.
05-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #358
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Classvino Quote
I have a Tamron-F AF Teleconverter 2X Pz-AF BBAR MC7 - I also have a DA* 50-135, and it doesn't AF with the TC...

Should it?
In theory, yes. Your combination makes your lens a constant f/5.6 aperture, which should allow autofocus, albeit with a bit of hunting, probably. When you say it doesn't autofocus, do you mean it hunts around and doesn't lock in, or does it simply not move at all?
05-28-2008, 01:39 PM   #359

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
In theory, yes. Your combination makes your lens a constant f/5.6 aperture, which should allow autofocus, albeit with a bit of hunting, probably.
Pretty much my thinking as well...

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
When you say it doesn't autofocus, do you mean it hunts around and doesn't lock in, or does it simply not move at all?
Nothing - It's like a manual lens - no SDM activity, no screw-focus noise - like it's telling the camera that it can't use the old AF, but not communicating the new signal either... The TC does fine with my Sigma AF lenses, so it does the screw focus thing OK...

(Added) I'll have to get out a multimeter and test the SDM/PowerZoom contacts for continuity...
05-30-2008, 02:16 PM   #360
Forum Member

Tamron 1.4x teleconverter back in stock at Roberts Imaging?

Roberts New & Used Digital and Film Cameras, Photography Supply and Electronics