Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #121
Veteran Member

I had a look on Arlington Camera ... and there doesn't appear to be one for the Pentax mouynt available anymore ... booo.

I'll have a look at the other links.

Although ... they have a lot of snap-on lense caps cheap though (heaps of different sizes) ... I like the way their lens caps work ... much better than Pentax ones.

03-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
BTW, after about three weeks from my query, Tamron Europe answered. They just told me that Tamron has stopped manufacturing this TC (1.4x) already three years ago. So do as I did and try to find one of the last ones out there ( if you want it, that is )
03-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #123
Veteran Member

I am wanting one ... Cord Camera seems to be out ... I am awaiting a reply from Roberts Imaging ( as I am hoping they will ship overseas if possible) ... if they can ... I will get one from there.

I am really wanting to try this with my Tamron 90mm Macro lens at least ... and any future lenses I may get. Even with my cheapy Pentax 75-300mm just for extra reach on a tripod as well.
03-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #124
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
I am wanting one ... Cord Camera seems to be out ... I am awaiting a reply from Roberts Imaging ( as I am hoping they will ship overseas if possible) ... if they can ... I will get one from there.

I am really wanting to try this with my Tamron 90mm Macro lens at least ... and any future lenses I may get. Even with my cheapy Pentax 75-300mm just for extra reach on a tripod as well.
Originally I was thinking to buy this TC "some day later" when I would acquire my self tele lense(s), but after getting to know these were really scarce, I decided to try to get it asap. Besides, after seeing it would work even in my Tamron 18-250 (in good light), and of cource in my DA*16-50 and Sigma 70 f/2.8, I thought I had use for it now!

03-11-2008, 04:59 PM   #125
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I tell ya what. If you go back and read all these posts in this thread, I am so happy to have mine...I am using it more and more and now with day light savings in effect, I am sure I will be using it more and more...IF you can find one, get it...I have also heard that Pentax is coming out with a new TC as well....
03-12-2008, 04:56 AM   #126
Veteran Member

My 2 cent worth of three comments...

- Typically, AF and TC work together up to (1.4x & f/4) and (2.0x & f/2.8).

- Kenko vs. Tamron. What if the Tamron transmitted focal-length x1.4 to the body where Kenko only transmits focal-length x1? So with Tamron, SR would wirk while with Kenko it wouldn't. Would explain all findings, incl. why cranking up ISO helped (reduced shutter blur). What EXIF (focal-length) readings does the Tamron give?

- This thread has dried out any remaining supply of Tamron TC
03-12-2008, 05:11 AM   #127
Veteran Member

Soligor

We have discussed Tamron, Kenko, Sigma and Pentax Converters here.

What about the Soligor AF Telekonverter 1,7xC/D4 DG für Pentax ( https://secure.soligor.com/index.php?id=5&backPID=246&tt_products=6838)

Does anybody have heard about them? They are recommended by a German Pentax dealer with a good reputation.

03-12-2008, 05:38 AM   #128
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
My 2 cent worth of three comments...

- Kenko vs. Tamron. What if the Tamron transmitted focal-length x1.4 to the body where Kenko only transmits focal-length x1? So with Tamron, SR would wirk while with Kenko it wouldn't. Would explain all findings, incl. why cranking up ISO helped (reduced shutter blur). What EXIF (focal-length) readings does the Tamron give?
Unfortunately none the current TC's out there transmit the correct focal length (so the camera never knows about them). People have been asking Pentax ever since the K10 came out to allow the user to override the focal length setting in the camera (like for manual lenses), but they haven't

John
03-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #129
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Can someone shed some light on this...
I am pretty sure I heard that Pentax was coming out with their own TC converter and that the electronics would be completely compatible with all current lenses, Although My Tamron TC 1.4 works perfectly with my HSM lenses.

I don't remember where I saw this at.
03-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #130
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Can someone shed some light on this...
I am pretty sure I heard that Pentax was coming out with their own TC converter and that the electronics would be completely compatible with all current lenses, Although My Tamron TC 1.4 works perfectly with my HSM lenses.

I don't remember where I saw this at.
There is a TC mentioned on the Pentax lens roadmap that came out a while ago.. sorry I don't have any link to it but I'm sure someone des
03-12-2008, 09:41 AM   #131
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by palmor Quote
There is a TC mentioned on the Pentax lens roadmap that came out a while ago.. sorry I don't have any link to it but I'm sure someone des
Thats where I saw it. I will look for it.
03-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #132

I want to get one of these, but i live in Canada. I can't find a place that sells them. and if i do, it is located in the states and they won't ship it here. Does anybody know where i can buy one (Toronto)?
03-12-2008, 02:48 PM   #133
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tamron Converter +Sigma 17-70

Further to Rormeister's query regarding putinng Tamron 1.4 with Sigma 17-70
I snapped a couple from my front patio at my front door this morning for you.
Dont mind subject matter and it was before full sun was up but I think it gives a good impression.
I would throughly recommend the set up, seems to work well for me.
Both shots taken at 70mm.
1 . Taken without t/c 125th/F8 ISO400
2. Taken with t/c 125th/F6.5 ISO400
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
03-12-2008, 03:14 PM   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
Further to Rormeister's query regarding putinng Tamron 1.4 with Sigma 17-70
Thanks Bruce, I appreciate the samples. TCA (TeleConverter Addiction) here I come. Problem is, I guess there aren't too many in captivity. The results are better than expected.
03-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #135
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by palmor Quote
Unfortunately none the current TC's out there transmit the correct focal length
Is this a confirmed fact?

Couldn't it be that Tamron when adding support for SDM to their TC (see the two little contacts in the inner part of the mount?) added the appropriate focus length multiplier as well? I mean, SDM and SR were introduced simultaneously, with the K10D. And a TC contains a micro chip...

@jgredline: Could you please confirm that the EXIF of pictures shot with the TC are the same as EXIF shot without, i.e., same focal length and same 35mm equivalent focal length?

EDIT:
Sorry, looked it up myself from the two samples put by Bramela above: both say 70mm. Same for EXIFs in initial post of jgredline.

Last edited by falconeye; 03-12-2008 at 04:55 PM.