Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2009, 04:26 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fwcetus Quote
Are you suggesting that there should be a time limit to adding information to a thread?
No information was added to the thread. A new question was asked. It really belonged in a new thread of its own.

02-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Italian Quote
Hello
What do you think about the old Pentax lenses being used with the new K20D? Pentax has developed a new version of the kit lense, the 18-55 II. They made this because - as I have understood - the old 18-55 has a resolution, which could make problems being used with the 14 MP K20D.

But what is gonna happen with the other old Pentax lenses? Are there any other lenses which could cause problems with the K20D?
From an italian @ Italian ...
I use several old lenses with my K20D (A 28mm, M 50mm, A 50 mm, M 135mm) and they work fine (unless you are not auto-focus addicted).
02-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
No information was added to the thread. A new question was asked. It really belonged in a new thread of its own.
Well, the new question asked was about using "Old Pentax lenses [on] the new K20D". Would you prefer a new thread with the subject of "Old Pentax lenses and the new K20D?" be started?
02-14-2009, 07:53 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Well, the new question asked was about using "Old Pentax lenses [on] the new K20D". Would you prefer a new thread with the subject of "Old Pentax lenses and the new K20D?" be started?
The problem with necroposting is that people like myself (and one other so far) fail to notice that the thread has undergone the Lazarus Treatment and make replies to people who don't even come here anymore. If I had noticed the OP hasn't been to Pentax Forums for over a year I never would have bothered replying to him, and I doubt the other fellow would have either.

For that reason, yes, I would prefer that a new thread (with an appropriate subject) be started.

02-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I'd have a preferred a new thread with a more specific subject.
02-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #21
Veteran Member

well to answer the thread.

A badly designed lens made 20 years ago will be a badly designed lens 20 years from today. A well designed lens made 20 years ago will be a well designed lens 20 years from today.

just have to see how the photographer makes do.