Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #16
Mr_Canuck

I've had the DA15 for a year, and I'm still figuring things out. The corner 'softness' on this lens is instead an issue of 'focus' I'd say. Because of the curvature mentioned by others, you're simply going to see the corners out of focus if you've got the center on focus particularly where there's a lot of variation in the distance of objects from the camera, and at wider apertures. It's definitely not a point-and-shoot type of lens unless you're quickly capturing something oriented at the center of the field. It needs some care and attention for more complex scenes or subjects. I'd concur about stopping down. And then it's really great to work with.

09-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
About tripods...unless you are shooting over 1/250 and have a steady hand, there will always invariably be some blur due to motion. If I am doing landscapes I always carry a tripod and use a 2 second timer for anything less than 1/100. Sure I've gotten some sharp shots with my k-7 at 1/8 even 1/6 with no bracing, but I know they could have been sharper. One that comes to mind was printed at 36" wide and it looked pretty darn good for a handheld 1/8th shot at a very less than ideal aperture (f4?) with a less than ideal lens. (Tamron adaptall 28mm...) I was in the middle of a city street so a tripod was not an option. I'm just trying to say a tripod can make a huge difference in the number of images you can print huge.