Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Places to buy Samyang lenses in Los Angeles?

Hi guys,

Just want to know where to get a Samyang 14mm in Pentax mount in LA? I tried searching the web but it's hard to find any stores that stocks Samyang...Need it urgently before flying off to Yellowknife to shoot the aurora.

Thanks

Aaron

08-30-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you need to pay for overnight shipping from somewhere reliable - anything else will be hit-or-miss.

However, this place has some 3rd-party K-mount lenses. It may be all old stock - I don't know:

Simons Camera - Simon's Camera Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA

Samy's sells Pentax too - I think you should try the Fairfax store, and maybe Culver City or Pasadena (call 1st). The Santa Ana store had poor stock last time I checked.

I don't remember exactly what Bel Air Camera in Westwood had, but they had some K-mount lenses too.

Obviously any brand of 13/14mm ~f/2.8 MF lens has a good chance of being a Samyang, so you should probably ask about that size rather than just the brand. I realize Samyang has a good reputation for that type of photography, but if you brought it down too close to the wire (i.e. you have to have it tomorrow instead of 8 or 10 AM Friday) you probably need to consider alternatives too, such as the DA15, DA14, DA12-24, and 3rd-party zooms.

Still, I don't think it's worth the time and effort to hunt one down (unless you find one quickly with a few phone calls) when all 4 versions (Rokinon, Samyang, Vivitar "13mm", and Bower) are in stock at B&H, and overnight shipping is between $42 and $54.

Last edited by DSims; 08-30-2012 at 01:28 AM.
09-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by catastrophe Quote
Hi guys,

Just want to know where to get a Samyang 14mm in Pentax mount in LA? I tried searching the web but it's hard to find any stores that stocks Samyang...Need it urgently before flying off to Yellowknife to shoot the aurora.

Thanks

Aaron
Look on Amazon.. and sign up for amazon prime.. free 2 day shipping and low cost overnight shipping. Like $4 or something ...

then cancel your amazon prime subscription.