Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you are not going to use it, sell it. But if you have any plans on moving to a K-30 or K-5II you might hold off, that autofocus is a huge improvement. I just realized this thread started some time ago and you've probably already acted, but just in case.

10-05-2012, 03:52 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Have you got a decent hood on the FA50?
I always used a hood on the FA 50. It was a bit of a short hood though so I don't know if that made a difference. It purported to be a hood for a 50 mm lens but maybe that wasn't accounting for the reduced field of view on APS-C.

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
If you are not going to use it, sell it. But if you have any plans on moving to a K-30 or K-5II you might hold off, that autofocus is a huge improvement. I just realized this thread started some time ago and you've probably already acted, but just in case.
The plan is to one day...eventually...move on to a K-30 (I've sunk a good sum of money into Eneloop AA's), at least if the bill is on me. But yes, I have already acted and sold the FA 50 to fund the K-x. I still find myself using mostly the K200D in situations where the light is good or if I'm using flash, but I was glad to have the K-x as a second body a few weeks ago when I was unofficially shooting a wedding reception for someone.