Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Is this what you call LBA? Help Me!!!

I ordered a 50mm f1.4 from B&H yesterday - and my K10 won't be here for at least another week!

I'm already breaking my firm "rule" to just use the kit lens until I'm sure what I want and need.

Scouring eBay for lenses with bayonet mounts, screw mounts, k-mounts, adapters, etc!!!!!!

Oh well. I can sell the bass boat, my fishing tackle, my sound system.....lemme see, what else can I sell. I want lenses!

Over the edge Dan

01-01-2007, 12:34 PM   #2
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Photodan Quote
I ordered a 50mm f1.4 from B&H yesterday - and my K10 won't be here for at least another week!

I'm already breaking my firm "rule" to just use the kit lens until I'm sure what I want and need.

Scouring eBay for lenses with bayonet mounts, screw mounts, k-mounts, adapters, etc!!!!!!

Oh well. I can sell the bass boat, my fishing tackle, my sound system.....lemme see, what else can I sell. I want lenses!

Over the edge Dan

I'm told that there is no cure for LBA. I seem to have caught it as well.
01-01-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Boy this sounds fimular, sell the fishing equipment.... you got it.
01-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

it's just the beginning...

Over the edge Dan
This in only the beginning - it's a slippery slope my friend....

I had a bad case of LBA that I finally subdued with my last purchase about a month ago....

Whereabouts are you in Arkansas?

Cheers,
Marc

01-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #5
roy
Inactive Account

dan,
i sold my 27' catalina and took up photography again thinking it would be a less expensive hobby... how little i knew.. lol
01-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
Veteran Member

cut your creit cards up ASAP it has barely begun...
01-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
Veteran Member

If it makes you feel better, you NEED that lens. It's as essential a tool as a 9/16 ratchet.

QuoteQuote:
You can sell your bass boat, but you shouldn't have to. This isn't the Canon system you're buying into. Unless you are going for some of those super-rare lenses, you should be able to have a nicely tricked out Pentax system for a few grand. I know, a few grand is a lot of money, but a decent bass boat goes for twenty grand or more.

The problem is it's not just cameras and lenses. It's tripods, bags, flashes, softboxes, backdrops, sync cords, software, computers, printers, hosting, etc., etc., ad infinitum.

Good luck.

01-01-2007, 10:14 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ericc Quote
The problem is it's not just cameras and lenses. It's .... bags, ...
I think Lowepro should send me some shares..

- Nova 2
- Nova 4
- Mini Trekker
- Photo Runner
- Slingshot 200
01-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #9
Veteran Member

LBA never stops. I already have a few "orders" from various websites around the world. What I am doing right now is to check whether these items would really arrive and liase with my credit card company closely.

lucky I do not have a wife or child so my LBA is enriched to a pinnacle at present.
01-02-2007, 12:25 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
lucky I do not have a wife or child so my LBA is enriched to a pinnacle at present.
Naaa You're not even close yet! I can only imagine when you do have a wife and kids it will come to a peak - "Honey, I need this lens to take this shot of our kid doing ___________" (fill in the blank).

Perhaps your wife and kids may get it too - "Dad I need this lens when I'm _______________!"
01-02-2007, 12:00 PM   #11
Veteran Member

i must be a bit weird.. a couple of months of avid ebay watching and carefull buying has cured me of it..

sad isnt it.. there isnt one single lens i lust after..

and i dont have to think about selling my boat.. my old 4 x 4 truck. my fishing gear or any of my other toys.. oh joy is joy i am cured..

trog
01-02-2007, 12:47 PM   #12
Ed in GA

What I'm beginning to find is.....

It's not the lens part of the LBA that's taking all of my money. It's the filters, bag or hood (if it doesn't have or come with one) that runs up the price.

ex. 50mm F1.4, $149 after rebate. Bag, UV, CPL & Hood, $115 delivered.

So now, my $149 lens cost $264.