Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Buy now???

With Photokina so close would I be a fool to purchase a lens new right now? What are the chances prices will drop on current models/newer models coming out across the board?

09-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

With PRIC's Maximum Assured Pricing scam it's hard to say what will happen with new lens prices. Retailers gradually ignored MAP as we moved further away from April 1st's announcement but then this new September 1st "rebate" program hit and prices skyrocketed again. Anything anyone tells you at this point is pure speculation or they have an inside connection.
09-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #3

Hope to get the K-30 with the 2 year extended warranty sometime in October if prices and the extended warranty are favorable
09-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Boker Quote
Hope to get the K-30 with the 2 year extended warranty sometime in October if prices and the extended warranty are favorable
Cameras have been a different story with Pentax. They seem to be taking the Inkjet Printer (Camera) and Ink (lens) approach to this whole process. The K-30 is now running $690ish for the body - which is a good price drop since it was introduced.