Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
09-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #61

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just wanted to let everyone know that with B&H this is still good to go! Just ordered a DA* 50-135 for $824. I told the guy what lens I was after and that was just the price he quoted me, no need to ask for pre-MAP or anything.

I went with B&H because I figured since they had the lower price before everything went crazy then they are more likely to have the rumored "new 2012 stock" with fixed SDM... Still may buy an extended warranty though .

THANKS ADAM!
ps. is there anyway I can get marketplace site supporter status with this order?

....the proof!....

Last edited by JeremytheIndian; 09-19-2012 at 08:54 AM.
09-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #62
Veteran Member

That's fantastic Jeremy!

Thanks for letting us all know - and congrats on the new incoming lens!
09-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #63
Banned

Let's wait and see about the "fixed SDM", as we've been hearing about it for years and all sorts of variations of "new, improved parts", particularly from what Pentax DE has been lying about for several years via the German forums, so we'll see if this is a fix or the same hot air. It sounds much like the latter.
09-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #64

QuoteOriginally posted by snake Quote
Let's wait and see about the "fixed SDM", as we've been hearing about it for years and all sorts of variations of "new, improved parts", particularly from what Pentax DE has been lying about for several years via the German forums, so we'll see if this is a fix or the same hot air. It sounds much like the latter.
Yeah I know... but I can dream can't I Like I said an extended warranty I very likely also in my future.

09-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #65
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JeremytheIndian Quote
ps. is there anyway I can get marketplace site supporter status with this order?
See post #46 in this thread.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/198534-how-sav...ml#post2100051
09-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #66
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by JeremytheIndian Quote
Yeah I know... but I can dream can't I Like I said an extended warranty I very likely also in my future.
I wouldn't hesitate about getting the warranty, having seen the promises, excuses, and lies from Pentax DE before. Hell, they even lie about giving away cams on Facebook that they never give away when the stated time comes around. But this is the culture here, to lie to a person's face and not think twice. Prevalent especially in the service industry and anything with warranties. So until anyone can confirm this year's excuse of "redesigned parts" that we've all heard on various forums without proof that often spread from Pentax DE and the associated forum, I will not believe it. Pentax DE and the Pentax DE forum is where a lot of these bad rumors come from. SDM redesign being one of their big ones.
09-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #67
Veteran Member

I took advantage of this. $804.95 for the 16-50. I added a 3-year Sagemax extended warranty. I normally NEVER buy extended warranties but Sagemax gets good reviews and the 16-50 has a bit of a rep. I figure if it doesn't fail withn the first three years it should be okay.

09-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #68
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
To clear things up: no marketplace access for phone/in-store orders as we no way benefit from them. This info is just here to save YOU money
09-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #69
Veteran Member

Thanks for all that you do, Adam.
09-20-2012, 12:45 PM - 2 Likes   #70
Veteran Member

Just a suggestion, to well-heeled buyers: I'm sure that a modest on-line donation to PF, in lieu of the automatic on-line referral fee, would help demonstrate gratitude for the hundreds of dollars that this thread has just saved you!

I realize some folks might just barely afford the lenses even at the reduced price, and most would not even consider them at the MAP prices, so I'm not suggesting that recent buyers owe this. But if, by chance, you were going to buy it at the higher price anyway, maybe a couple bucks sent to the forum would be appropriate, eh?
09-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Already did that a few months ago.
09-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tanzer Quote
Just a suggestion, to well-heeled buyers: I'm sure that a modest on-line donation to PF, in lieu of the automatic on-line referral fee, would help demonstrate gratitude for the hundreds of dollars that this thread has just saved you!

I realize some folks might just barely afford the lenses even at the reduced price, and most would not even consider them at the MAP prices, so I'm not suggesting that recent buyers owe this. But if, by chance, you were going to buy it at the higher price anyway, maybe a couple bucks sent to the forum would be appropriate, eh?
Very good point and I'm glad you posted the suggestion in this thread. If you saved a couple hundred bucks with this, a little donation to help keep our forum going is a great idea.
09-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #73
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Absolutely great news, thank you Adam!
Stopping online sales of Pentax is the great news???
09-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #74

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
No but finding a work around until Online Retailers get a fix for this mess is outstanding.
09-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
A way around the absurd Maximum Assured Pricing is great news. Also, that of the two biggest retailers of Pentax Lenses in the US at least one sees it as an insane business practice. Yes.