Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
One thing I miss when using my primes compared to a zoom: I don't have wonderful eyes, and I love being able to zoom in and focus, then zoom out to my desired composition. I obviously can't do this with a prime, and with the smaller viewfinder in the K110D/K100D it sometimes is difficult to know if I've correctly focused.

This is entirely my personal opinion based on my eyesight really - one of the reasons I'm investigating getting a magnifying eyepiece for my cam, because I love the quality my limited gives me. (the 40 f/2.8)

02-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For me it's "It is about the IQ stupid"

QuoteOriginally posted by Sprags Quote
What is it about the Limited Edition lenses that makes them so desireable?

They sure are expensive so I imagine its a 'you get what you pay for' kind of deal.

I would like to get to the point where my photos look as good as the ones you pro's takes but to me this is just a hobby.

Is it worth it for an amature to invest in those kinds of lenses?

I am getting myself more and more confused about what kind of lenses I should invest in.
Please help.

Thanks... Blake
Hi Blake, as far as I'm concerned the FA limiteds give some of the best IQ anywhere. They have a 3D quality about them. That I can't really describe and unfortunately I don't have access to my photos right now to show you what I mean. However, I am not the only one who thinks the limiteds offer superior IQ. Check out this link:
sm-02-05-02

NaCl(great bokeh and the images just pop!)H2O
02-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
This thread isn't about knocking other brands, but I thought I'd mention other brands for those of you who like to speak ill of them :-)

I'm in a figurative photography class with a bunch of Nikon and Canon users. We've had one class (so far) where we photographed two models. I started with the DA* 50-135, but quickly switched to using all primes for the rest of the shoot (31/50 1.4/77). Three of the six other people were really impressed with how sharp my images where compared to theirs (viewed on a 20" monitor). It's all in the lenses...