Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2012, 04:03 AM   #1

Kr and Tokina lens

Hi I have a Kr Camera and have just picked up a Tokina 28mm 2.8 lens.
Trouble is I can not get it to click home on the camera?
My wife has a K30 and it goes on to hers no trouble at all.
Has anyone know how to make it fit?
Thanks

09-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What about other lenses, do they work normally on the K-r? How far can you rotate the lens when mounting it?
09-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #3

Original Poster
No trouble with either the kit lenses or another old manual zoom I have.
Seems like it does not rotate quite far enough to engage the pin in the camera, or the hole in the lens for the pin to go into is too small?
09-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Wait, does the lense's mount look different from the mounts of other PK lenses you have? Does it have an extra pin maybe?

09-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Is there a largish extending shroud or "fin" that protects the aperture lever, sticking out of the back of the lens?

If so, you might need to remove it -- which is usually as simple as removing some very small screws (keep them all in a baggie in case you want to resell the lens later).

There are generally no ill effects from doing this, other than perhaps an increased possibility of bending the aperture lever if you play rough with your unmounted lens.

I'm not sure why it would fit on the K30 and not the K-r if that's the case, but check it out anyway. Maybe they changed the design of the powerzoom/SDM contacts on the K30 and made the block smaller. Those contacts didn't exist on older cameras, and that shroud (which shows up on various older manual lenses) hangs up on it preventing the lens from turning and locking on.
09-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #6

Original Poster
thanks, mounts look all the same on the lenses I have. This lens also fits on a friends K5, just not on my camera. weird. Seems to be stopping about 5mm short of the locking pin and feels like something solid. Took the "fin" right off and it did not make any difference.
09-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Huh that is pretty odd. Does that lens have a plastic mount? Maybe if a part of it is bent that might somehow cause it to jam.. but very weird problem indeed.
09-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #8

Original Poster
I think I have found it. The lens has a spring loaded turminal and the Kr body mount has a hole at about 5 o clock. I think the terminal is poping out at this hole and stopping the lens rotating any further. The film camera does not have this hole. Dont know if I can do anything about it. My wife will enjoy using the lens anyway

09-15-2012, 05:49 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
That might be the dreaded Ricoh pin, though it is kinda odd that you are able to remove it, those have been known to become stuck on auto focus bodies and in some cases require destruction of the lens to remove them. It might be a good idea to post a picture of the mount to confirm this, in many cases the pin is easily removable.
09-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #10

Original Poster
Here is the lens mount . Note the pin is down rather then protruding?

Last edited by Eion; 09-15-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: change of wording
09-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #11
Inactive Account

I meant a picture of the lens, that pin in the mount is the auto focus drive, that is where the Ricoh pin is known to get stuck in. I had a scare with a Ricoh pin once, took me over an hour to get the lens off of my camera, if your lens has the pin, do not mount it to any auto focus body without removing it first.
09-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #12

Original Poster
and here is the lens. Am thinking contact under V is dropping into hole in mount. Not too sure though
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-hULiKTlilFE/UFTb9GDwilI/AAAAAAAABtg/FkZwB...GP0526-001.JPG

Not too worried it does not fit on, just puzzled
Eion
09-15-2012, 01:17 PM - 1 Like   #13
Inactive Account

That would be the dreaded Ricoh pin, remove it before you mount it on any auto focus body. If you don't want to remove the mount from the lens to take it out, you can put a drop of super glue on it and hold it down until it dries. This pin is only useful for old Ricoh film bodies, it causes nothing but headaches on Pentax bodies.
09-16-2012, 01:58 AM   #14

Original Poster
Thanks, I'll take it off. Have already had the mount off the back of the lens to have a look so can do it again.
Thanks again for the help
09-18-2012, 12:36 AM   #15

Original Poster

The offending pin with match head for scale