Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Da* Squeky Am I over reacting?

Just got my Da* 50-135 in the mail today new from B&H. It's great but when I put my ear next to the lens while it auto focuses I can hear a little squeking... I can't hear it if my eye is in the viewfinder. Am I over reacting? Should I go ahead and contact Pentax?

09-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Post a sound file and we'll tell you

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #3

Original Poster
Ha also... What type of warranty card should it have come with? There is nothing for me to fill out and send in... Got the lens from BH no way they sent me a used one accidentally is there?
09-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Post a sound file and we'll tell you
Here is a quick video I did with my phone.
It's in video/live view mode with the cap on so it's focusing slower. The squeak is not as noticeable when in a regular shooting mode. Plus should it have come with a fill-outable (sp?) warranty card? I bought new from BH but I want to make sure they didn't send me a used item on accident.

09-21-2012, 06:27 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JeremytheIndian Quote
Here is a quick video I did with my phone.DA* 50-135 Squeak - YouTube It's in video/live view mode with the cap on so it's focusing slower. The squeak is not as noticeable when in a regular shooting mode. Plus should it have come with a fill-outable (sp?) warranty card? I bought new from BH but I want to make sure they didn't send me a used item on accident.
Sounds like the "normal" high pitched sound from the SDM ... not the "squeaky"type of sound one would hear when the lens is about to fail ... like mine did a while back.

JP
09-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Pentax lenses do not come with a warranty card - they come only with a serial number card.

There is nothing to fill out and send in, or is there any web based registration required. If you ever need service under warranty, you simply fill out the web form on the CRIS site, and send in a copy of you invoice with the lens. They only use your invoice as proof of purchase date for the warranty.

And I might be getting old and hard of hearing, but I hear nothing abnormal in your video clip.

Why not take your new lens out and enjoy it!
09-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #7

Original Poster
Oh I will, Just wanted to make sure I was free and clear. Tomorrow morning the fun begins!