Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax smc FAJ 75-300

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Overall I am satisfied with this lens. For the price, it takes pretty decent shots. However, the zoom mechanism is very loose. I often use it as a macro with a close-up filter attached and if I point down on my subject, the zoom will just slide out.
Is there any way of increasing the resistance slightly so that it will stay put where I set it, but not so tight that it interferes with the AF?

09-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You might look at something like this: Lens Band STOP ZOOM CREEP for Pentax 18-250mm in Black | eBay I've never tried it but it might work. Or just go to the dollar store and get a big rubber band. I think these are sized for various lenses though. Probably looks ugly, but so what if it works?
09-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
You might look at something like this: Lens Band STOP ZOOM CREEP for Pentax 18-250mm in Black | eBay I've never tried it but it might work. Or just go to the dollar store and get a big rubber band. I think these are sized for various lenses though. Probably looks ugly, but so what if it works?
Excellent suggestion jatrax. Many thanks. Looks fine to me. I suppose if it interferes with AF I can always MF it!
01-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Purchased the Lens Band and it works exactly as advertized, with no interference of the auto focus. Thanks for the suggestion.