Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
09-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #1

Which lens mount is this?

Hi,
I'm just new to the forum, so excuse me if I'm posting on the wrong section.
I just got a Tokina "wide-auto" 28mm f2.8 at a very good price and I can't wait to test it, but I cannot figure out the mount it has. For the pin and the size looks like a m42 with some adapter but I may be wrong, I'm quite new on the use of m42 mount lenses. Any help is highly appreciated!

Leo

Attached Images

09-25-2012, 05:24 PM - 1 Like   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Definitely M42, looks like a cheap and possibly damaged M42 to PK adapter on it.

EDIT: Probably not damaged, I was looking at the clip wrong, remove that clip by taking the little screw out or you will go insane trying to get it out of your camera.
09-25-2012, 08:31 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yep, it's a (cheap) M42-PK adapter.

Like elliott said, unscrew the little clip to avoid it getting jammed on your camera, then you can glue the adapter to the lens and voilla, you have a PK lens, easy to attach and remove.
09-26-2012, 12:23 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
it's an M42 for sure. The chrome ring/mount can be unscrewed. Use a good PK-M42 adapter to be sure.

09-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks to all for your replies!

I tried to unscrew it before but it was very hard so I wanted to confirm before damaging the lens. Now I went ahead and with the help of a wrench and carefully it came out sort of easy. I removed the little screw before. It was tiny, not even reaching the other side of the metal ring. Great!

Thanks again for your help!
09-26-2012, 05:25 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In old days, people used to smir the thread with 1/4 drop of grease, to ease the unscrew and protect the thread.
But after 40 yrs, the grease became sticky. You need to clean carefully the thread of the lens. No grease is better than old sticky grease.

Be careful if you use cotton swaps/q-tips. They can have remain stuck at the thread and you have the same problem... again

and do not touch the rear element with these grease. That will save 10+ of q-tips and 20 min of cleaning.
09-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #7

Original Poster
You are right 'hoanpham', there were traces of grease at the base of the thread, not much, but could have been enough to make that seal effect. I cleaned it carefully with a clean cloth and now is ready to use. I'll make some tests over the weekend.
Thanks for the tip! Yes, that moment when somebody at home wonders what happened to the brand new package of q-tips purchased the day before