Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Prime Len Prices

I have been saving for the purchase of 4 news primes for some time now. I'm now close to my saving target and wishing I had purchased earlier this year. I like to pay as I go and therefore missed the more favorable pricing.
While watching prices move up and down at B&H several times this year, I question if there will be another decrease in pricing soon? The primes that I'm interested in increased over 125 dollars during the last pricing adjustment.
I realize we don't have a crystal ball, but would like to know what others think about a possible pricing decrease in the future.
Regards,
Mike

09-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

You may have missed it in other posts, but the prices listed on various websites may not accurately reflect what the sellers will actually sell a lens for. It was suggested you call, as some places will offer lower prices over the phone.
09-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
gtl
Veteran Member

Wow. I don't get why you would save up to buy 4 at once though. Why not buy one at a time? From what I know, calling B&H should work, but its still gonna cost slightly more than the prices before the hike in April.
09-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies,
The bulk of the funds were payable after the completion of a special project. Those funds were to be used for purchase.
Everyone talks about April prices, however, B&H increased their pricing less then two months ago on the lens in question..
I did talk with B&H and they stated that the current prices are MSRP and that B&H wouldn't adjust those prices and take a lost on the sale.
Should have done 6 months with no interest with B&H!!
Regards,
Mike

09-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #5

The used market should be more reasonable. I've you're buying screw-drive lenses, they should be pretty reliable. And if a lens doesn't work for you, you'll be able to sell with little to no loss.

The marketplace here, and eBay are probably your best bets.
09-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The posts that suggested calling for better pricing seem to have been limited to the DA* lenses that now have the rebate available. A couple members have posted about calling in for pricing on limited primes with the same results - no discounts at all from the listed price on the web.

It does seem that the limited prime prices have taken a pretty big jump lately.