Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I would gladly send my gear to Japan for service if it was an option. regardless of a long turnaround.
No doubt, something sharp made contact with that.
I'm with you! Sure, it would likely take forever (although I nearly made it to the 3 month mark; so maybe it would be about the same); but I'd have complete confidence if the repair were being done at the Pentax mothership.

11-21-2012, 08:32 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Was it packed in such a way that hitting it with a box cutter when opening was even possible? When sending anything I assume they are going to be hacking into it with a cutter and make sure the item(s) are always a few inches away from the edge of the box surrounded by plenty of bubble wrap and other packing material.

That looks pretty deep -- deeper than a box cutter. But not dented like it was dropped. Something got to it, obviously...
Sound advice, vB....it was pretty well packed; so you'd have to pretty much open it with a machete to accomplish this.
11-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
Woohoo!

I just got a call from CRIS - they're replacing the hood and lens cap, no further questions asked! I didn't enquire about the hows, whys, or anytihng else; I'm just happy they're taking care of it.

On *this* portion of my difficulties, way to go, CRIS!