Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
i wish!

i wish pentax would revise or discontinue the 16-50 & come up with a better one just like what they did with the k5!!!

its more like a shout out!!!

10-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Aside from the SDM problems that are now said to be fixed, what do you want improved? Sharpness at full aperture and wide open, and weight are the only things I would have improved on my copy, which has had SDM issues but which I've largely dealt with. Of those two, the weight is a consequence of the very solid build, but is a mixed blessing for long-term use.

On the positive side, the 16-50's colour rendition and contrast are very good, as is the OOF performance, and flare is very well-controlled. Of course, as a value proposition at current new prices, it pales a bit against the Sigma competition in particular.
10-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It could be improved, but it still does a good job and is worth it at used prices.
10-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Always room for improvement, but I suspect it has been improved, we just did not get the memo. Whatever was causing the sdm issues has presumably been corrected in new built lenses and according to a thread here is being corrected if lenses go in for repairs. As noted it is too heavy more many situations but that is a cost of the excellent build and f/2.8 aperture.

10-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
most of us already know that mechanically pentax did revised the 16-50 they even claimed that is should no longer have SDM failure so if they did i think it would be much better if they try to recall some of this lenses out there & have them fixed as well (i'm referring to the one's that are not yet sold).

& another thing they haven't looked at seriously is the CA on this lens a lot of user's still complain about this, they should have done something about this while they were busy making some corrections with this lens.

for me the CA is a lot more serious matter than the SDM because it affects the images it produces unlike with the SDM that you can still use the lens manually.

& why is it that the 50-135 has better control on CA i think they have the same formula for both lenses why do they don't take pictures similarly?

i'm not really complaining here i'm just trying to bring this up because this lenses are a bit expensive i think we deserved better for paying a high price.