Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2012, 06:06 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
When I was in Venice, I found my FA31 was on the camera most of the time. The DA14 was good for interiors, but the light off the water and the rich colours make for good pictures with just about any lens.

10-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #17

I was in Venice this past May and took the 21, 35, and 70 Ltds, a nice lightweight kit when used on a K5. The 21 was wide enough and I shot mostly with it. (To get St Marks and the Campanile in one shot with the 21 you have walk to the far end of the piazza and shoot in portrait orientation.) The 70 was great for getting details and shooting across the canals. In my opinion the 15 is too wide and creates too much spatial separation between near and far -- unless you want that effect.

You can find a few pictures here: Venice 2012 - a set on Flickr
10-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #18

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
@All: Again, thanks for the comments.

I've decided to grab a 15/4 Ltd and it's on its way.

(And I've got my K-5 + 43/1.9 back from the shop - all seems OK so far!!!)

Just wish I had the pennies for the 31 & 77 Ltds. Never mind; I'll have to go to Venice again some time (before it sinks!!!)

Cheers, and happy shooting...
02-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #19

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Hi all.

Well, the trip to Venice was great (if not a little wet! Well, very wet apart from 1 day!). It was a bit cold too.

But what a great place, expecially in the off-season.

K-5 was perfect. small and light to walk around not looking like a tourist! Very happy with that. The lenses were great too. I had my 1.9/43 and 4/15. I did find I was changing them around a bit so my top tip for anyone else in the "prime" game... Pick up a 31mm and be done with it : )

Here's a couple of shots that I've played around with a bit in PP (don't know if they will come out in this post. If not they are in my album/gallery)

Happy shooting...