Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Kenko AF 1.4 Teleconveter

http://www.kenkoglobal.com/products/..._MC4_1_4xN.jpg

Hi,
looking for some advice please before I buy the Kenko AF 1.4., I use a Samsung GX1L Dslr, with a Sigma 70-210 and a Sunagor 80-305 lens i also have a sun 2 x converter which i was toying with the idea of using but i have seen this which looks like an ideal addition to the gadget bag, Have you tried one? how did you find the results?
Best Regards.
Trev.

10-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hi,
I am sorry to disappoint you but this TC is not made in K-mount. I am not sure if they ever made them in K-mount as well. For Sigma 70-200 the best option would be Sigma 1.4X TC - I am using it with my Sigma 100-300/4 and have a great results. Also there is Sigma 2x TC but I have not tried it. I also have Kenko 1.5 TC that also gives a pretty good results but if I am not wrong they are not made anymore and you can try to find them used but the price tag is quite high for them.
Hop this would be useful.
Best regards,
Yu
10-07-2012, 07:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Are you sure it is available for Pentax?

If this is the product page (your link doesn't work), it says Canon, Nikon and Sony only there.

I have a discontinued Kenko P-AF 1.4X TELEPLUS MC4 DG and it is decent on OK primes, not so good on standard zooms.
10-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Tamron Pz-AF 1.4 MC4 is the best of any of the dozen or so TCs I have, or have used, and seems to work with compatible SDM lenses as it has the necessary PZ contacts as well as the screw-drive stud. It's a little pricey as it's hard to find, but I prefered it to the Pentax AF 1.7x for IQ. I have two and, including the others I've used, all have been consistent in optical quality.

(For any Adaptall lens users reading this, its optical performance seems to match the 140F 1.4x tele-converter and it's much more convenient to use as you don't have to separate the PK - PK/A adapter to install it.)

10-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Hi Guy's
Many thanks for your help, i am going to contact kenko and see if they have anything suitable for the Gx1l k mount. Best Regards, Trev