Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I might also chime in on my experience with the K 50 1.2.... @ F1.2 this lens is very hit and miss with focus. I thought based off the reviews that it was just a bunch of old timers with bad eyes having trouble focusing with the shallow DoF. So I got it anyway, and from my experience ( even with good young eyes) that it is unruley to focus. the limitations are not on the lens, or the user (in most cases) but due to the focusing screen. DLSR's tend to have a focusing screen that only display acturate focus down to F2 (ish). You really need to look into a new focusing screen such as the canon s-type (from memory) to get consistent results. Decent screens don't come cheap.

So thats just another consideration to take into account.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, lens, pentax lens, slr lens