Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I would guess that he's refering mostly about the difficulty of being stuck with live view with a big heavy lens mounted. I certainly couldn't had hold that combo steady enough. It should work on a tripod but that might be difficult in a gym.
No, it's actually that the K-01 tends to hunt when the Tamron 70-200 is on it. When it does focus, the images are soft. I know of at least one other member that has confirmed that this happens with his K-01 and Tamron. I haven't seen this type of behavior with any other lens I own. Another member (I think it was Ron Hendricks) talked stated that the K-01 didn't work well with telephoto lenses.

Here's a link to that thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-01/201724-k-01-firmware-update-1-01-a-2.html

10-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the info on the Tamron 70-200. It would be the lens I'd go to for a gym and I don't mind hand holding it either but then again I don't have a K-01 and I had not heard any of this.
10-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Thanks for the info on the Tamron 70-200. It would be the lens I'd go to for a gym and I don't mind hand holding it either but then again I don't have a K-01 and I had not heard any of this.
I really like the Tamron lens and the K-01. It's a real shame there seems to be issues with those two working together. Hopefully someone finds a work-around or there is another firmware update that further improves the AF on the K-01.