Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2012, 05:41 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I guess it depends on people, but i've discover that the more i use my DSLR / SLR, the more i tend to go with longer FL.

10-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have two primes between 35 & 70mm but hardly ever use them.
10-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
Got an M 28mm 2.8. In fact I got two!!! I only like them on my film bodies. it was my second lens I ever had too, so I got a long history with it. I keep wanting to revisit it, but get annoyed with it because its not what I'm used to on FF.

Granted, on FF my 28 got more use than my 50. Now my 50 gets more use on apsc
But here's the point, and maybe you have confirmed my thinking, this is not intended to be an insult or anything, but is the issue that you have a preconceived mindset as to the image the lens gave on film, and just not adjusted?

A I said, maybe it is a question of not learning to "see" with the lens. End of comment.
10-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #49
Site Supporter

I have lenses in the 15mm to 1000mm range and can find uses for all the focal lengths. For me it depends more on the size of the lens than the FL which determines whether the lens gets any use.

Lenses over 400mm won’t fit in your camera bag and require heavy tripod support. So instead of just your camera bag you have three things to carry. Carrying all this gear turns a pleasant afternoon outing into a major expedition!

Same goes for a zoom I have the K85-210/3.5. It’s got a great focal range on film, is pretty fast and has good optics. The problem is that it’s big and heavy. I rarely use it and go for the much smaller A70-210/4 instead.

Phil.