Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rvannatta Quote
I'm not surprised they are unaware of the debate with the 16-50 lens. their lack of awareness of any issue is probably why the K20 reportedly has a table in it for the purpose of allowing the user to custom match the lenses to the camera.

I have one of the 16-50's on a K10. a small number of discerning users have complained very bitterly about it, though most seem to have been early adopters with lenses having a serial number beginning with 90nnnnn. I"ve seen few complaints recently susggesting that the issue was perhaps limited to early lenses.
Technically, they are telling the truth when they say that they are not aware of any WIDESPREAD problems. They told me that they are experiencing about 5 times as many problems with the DA* 16-50 compared to the "average" lens. This still amounts to "only" a 2-3% return rate. So even though Pentax is experiencing a relatively large number of problems with this lens, they are correct (though they are not telling the whole truth) by stating they are not aware of widespread problems.

Ted

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
da*, k-mount, k10d, lens, lenses, pentax lens, slr lens