Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by em-tx Quote
I would like to start discussion and possible sharing of pictures from Schneider Kreuznach lenses. This is premium lens maker and I have only experience from my compact, however great.
S-K lenses for Pentax are just rebadged Pentax lenses with the same optics.
You can learn more here:
Samsung and Schneider-Kreuznach Lenses - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Now, if you want to share REAL S-K photos, they certainly have a few compelling lenses out there that I want to see some samples from

Schneider-Kreuznach 28mm F4.5 PC-TS Super-Angulon HM Aspheric

Schneider-Kreuznach 50mm F2.8 PC-TS Super-Angulon HM Tilt/Shift

Schneider-Kreuznach 90mm F4.5 PC-TS Makro-Symmar HM Tilt/Shift

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
S-K lenses for Pentax are just rebadged Pentax lenses with the same optics.
You can learn more here:
Samsung and Schneider-Kreuznach Lenses - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Now, if you want to share REAL S-K photos, they certainly have a few compelling lenses out there that I want to see some samples from

Schneider-Kreuznach 28mm F4.5 PC-TS Super-Angulon HM Aspheric

Schneider-Kreuznach 50mm F2.8 PC-TS Super-Angulon HM Tilt/Shift

Schneider-Kreuznach 90mm F4.5 PC-TS Makro-Symmar HM Tilt/Shift
Hi Adam ,
thanks. I red that article. Myself I do not have nothing worthy to share. However I would like to provoke some results and experience sharing from this lenses. Also which legacy are interesting to get on K mount.
However your article makes, in connection also with Samsung makes me question how many really non Pentax lenses are available for Pentax which are really top quality.
11-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #18

Original Poster
...and of course one more link, which I forgot.

Schneider-Kreuznach Lenses for Pentax: Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
11-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #19
Pentaxian

You can still get new Ziess, Voigtlander in a M42 mount :P What else would you want? If you are not happy with the "Limited" range that is.

As well as a host of older lenses made by the big Germans. And that's the secret really, All the excellent yesteryear M42 glass works for us

Last edited by tromboads; 11-05-2012 at 02:55 AM.
11-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
You can still get new Ziess, Voigtlander in a M42 mount :P What else would you want? If you are not happy with the "Limited" range that is.

As well as a host of older lenses made by the big Germans. And that's the secret really, All the excellent yesteryear M42 glass works for us
Please do not get me wrong. I am very satified. I am just trying to understand differences between them. My friend is professional cinematographer - making movies for cinema and TV. I showed me tricks between his lenses - it was more how they behaved than technical quality. This is what I am trying to look for. I am not professional photographer (here and there some comision), but professional artist and I am looking for specificity and craft how to handle - thats part of what I do as profession.

I am big fan of Pentax - also ltd lenses. Secretly I am also looking for great lenses for which do not break me. (I do not think great equipment has to cost tons of money nowadays.)

However I am intrigued by Voigtlander - do you have some picture to share?

Cheers and thanks.
11-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #21
Pentaxian

not personally, there are a bunch of threads in the database tho
11-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tromboads Quote
You can still get new Ziess, Voigtlander in a M42 mount
Zeiss, yes:

https://photo-shop.zeiss.com/epages/cz.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectID=3490&Locale=en_GB

But Voigtlaender haven't done M42 since their now long-gone SL series, AFAIK.
11-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #23
L&D
Forum Member

B/ ISCO - never heard about. Please share more info - which glass, prices, where to get it, what are experiences, links etc.
I have 2 ISCO's right now: Westanar and Iscotar (zebra style) both 50/2.8 in M42 mount. To be honest, these lenses look wicked awesome but performance is way below their looks. Did side by side comparison with soviet Industar 61L/Z and oh boy did Industar put them to shame. In fact, another 50/2.8 lens i have Mayer Optik Domiplan - was also tack sharper than both westanar or iscotar, and it should have been other way around... ))

I also came across an old S-K lens, if i remember it was on some rangefinder from 50s. Didn't buy, but might actually pick it up in near future if it's adaptable to my camera.

11-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Flickr Front Page with S/K Componon 35mm F4 reversed:

Most recent photo on Flickr, 28 f/4 reversed (that's landed me magazine publication, email today, wow!)

I also have an 80 but it doesn't quite float my boat. For extreme macro stacking they're outstanding, but I'm not a huge fan of the pentabokeh. All mine through eBay
looks good Nass, very impressive. Prior to stopping I looked for a 28 religiously but found nothing remotely priced within my range... guess I should have kept looking!
Maybe I'll get back into it when I get a new Imac and we can get some more macro stuff going here
12-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #25

Original Poster
Merry Christmas to you all and hello back.

I would like to little bit revive this forum. Besides I would have to collect more info my another motivation is new DXO Mark Perceptual Megapixel - which express essentially sharpness of lenses/camera combinations. I went through most or all Pentax lenses at DXO Mark and even limited lenses are cca at 9.MPix at the best (they perform well in control CA...., but resolution is not that amazing). Considering 16 MPix sensor its big loss. Would be S-K lenses performing better in terms of sharpness? Is there any resources in terms of measurements? I ask also about old ones.

Sidenote: I am very glad for P-MPix from DXO. Besides its a good info generally, it also putted me into ease, that I got K5 and not K5 IIs. That was pure money decision. I think I would be unhappy to have IIs and realize, that even very expensive lens (LTDs) would pull down performance.

General info about Perceptual MPix from DXO Mark:
DxOMark - Looking for new photo gear? DxOMark's Perceptual Megapixel can help you!
12-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Is there any resources in terms of measurements?
Schneider-Kreuznach are very good about publishing MTF curves for their lenses,
even at different shooting distances.

As a sample, here is the link for their PC Super-Angulon 28/2.8
(which reveals itself to be a 29.3/2.8!):

http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/foto_e/an_su_pc/pdf/AN_PCSU_28_28_R43757_2AE.PDF