Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
De-mod a mutilated Limited?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

FA77 on ebay for a BIN of $475: Pentax FA 77mm f1.8 Limited Olympus Digital MF lens - eBay (item 230219382274 end time Feb-09-08 19:13:50 PST)

The catch? The aperture pin was removed so it could be used with an Oly adapter. My very soul is in pain just thinking about it. What's the verdict? Fixable?

Of course, if it is fixable, I've now directed anyone with a little know-how straight to it...

02-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Quote
FA77 on ebay for a BIN of $475: Pentax FA 77mm f1.8 Limited Olympus Digital MF lens - eBay (item 230219382274 end time Feb-09-08 19:13:50 PST)

The catch? The aperture pin was removed so it could be used with an Oly adapter. My very soul is in pain just thinking about it. What's the verdict? Fixable?

Of course, if it is fixable, I've now directed anyone with a little know-how straight to it...
Yeah I saw that too
Certainly fixable but probably not worth the cost of ordering parts to make it work even if you did it yourself. My first though was buying a junk lens (like an FA50mm if one could be found for $50) and trying to swap parts but some/all might not fit. So in my book it's a pass. BTW, it's a second try to sell the lens and he was BIN at $575 before.
02-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

The animal, to do that to a pentax limited, unforgivable...
02-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I guess it proves that not ony Pentax " fanboys " having high regard for Pentax lenese but so do others .

02-08-2008, 12:16 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I won't say what lenses I've done that too, so they'll work with my Sigma SD14
2 are rare, although only one is a Pentax and the other is a Vivitar Series 1.

However they still work flawlessly in my Pentax, and for that mater even better than originally since I can use AV with them.

If the new owner of that LTD wants to part with it I'll take it off his hands, although he might have to wait a month or 2 until my bank account recovers from my latest LBA and BBA round.
Over $2000 so far this year, and it's only February
02-08-2008, 02:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

By the look of the mount, the guy just simply glued it into the body. That's quite a sloppy job, IMO. Taking off the mount might be a PITA.

Anyway, you can ask the guy if he still has the old PK mount parts. Every decent modder should keep those old parts around in case.

The problem is indeed fixable. However, I don't think it's worth the risk. One thing I don't understand. The Pentax to 4/3 adapter does exist, it would be much less hassle to buy one than to ruin the lens.