Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tamron 17-50/2.8 preorder?

Does anybody know of anywhere that has the forthcoming Tamron 17-50 available for preorder?

Thanks!
Heather

02-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #2

I e-mailed B&H over the weekend, asking when they'll have it available. This is what they told me:

"Well they announce that lens, but we haven't seen anything yet. We don't have an ETA on that lens."

Looks like the "now available" from their press release sounds more like an announcement. I'm really looking forward to the 17-50, too.

Alex
02-11-2008, 07:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Earlier today, I took a closer look at the release announcement on the corporate site (Japan) and it said that March 7 was the release date in Japan, so there's no telling when the rest of the world will be able to get their hands on it. :sigh:

I've got an 18-55 coming that should tide me over until it does come out. One good thing is that I'll have plenty of time to save up for it so I won't have to resort to the CCs to finance it's purchase when it does come out.

Heather
02-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just emailed Tamron USA customer service today to see if they've got any idea of when the 17-50 will be released in the US--I hope soon after it's release in Japan. I'll post again once they get back with me with an answer.

Heather

02-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
Earlier today, I took a closer look at the release announcement on the corporate site (Japan) and it said that March 7 was the release date in Japan, so there's no telling when the rest of the world will be able to get their hands on it. :sigh:

I've got an 18-55 coming that should tide me over until it does come out. One good thing is that I'll have plenty of time to save up for it so I won't have to resort to the CCs to finance it's purchase when it does come out.

Heather
Tamron's European site says something similar. The European press release says "Now Available" like the USA press release, but their product page also says March.

Somehow "now available" means "wait a month" to Tamron.

Alex