Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #1

Is this offer worth the efford?

Hello out there in pentax land. I have a question.

A few days ago i ran into a offer on some camera equipment in a shop not to far from where i live.. about 1 hours drive.
I wondered if any of you guys could take a look at the picture and explain whether or not it is worth the efford.
I am currently using a Pentax k7 and got a few lenses, i am not afraid of manual focus but i am not sure about the whole mount problem
Some of the lenses is with screw mount and others are come with bayonet mount.

Can you guys see from this picture which of the lenses is worth getting and which of them would fit my k7 with out a converter :] if there actually is any there would fit straigt away.

I have attached the picture of the bundle, i have to buy the whole thing , and it is initially a cheap package, the camera is a Spotmatic it seems.

I am moving to kathmandu on the 10th december, for a 6 month stay, and it would be awesome if i could upgrade a few things before i left. Currently i own a 18-55wr, 50-200wr, 50mm f1.4, 55 f2, and a few other things

Anyway, i hope you have some good recommendations and ideas.

Attached Images

11-07-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it's a Spotmatic, then the lenses will be M42 thread.

This is not a problem. Those lenses are easy to fit with a Pentax M42-K mount adapter. Some of those lenses will be excellent primes. The auto-manual switch on them makes it easy to use them.

See https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html

If the price is right, buy them.

When you get back from Kathmandu, sell the lenses you don't want. They'll fetch a good price.
11-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Obviously the screw mount lenses require an adapter. If the others are all "K" mount bayonet they will fit your camera. I can't tell what lenses they are exactly so I can't comment further.
Nice find!
11-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #4

Original Poster
The price is nothing less then incredible actually!
He seems to have had the stuff hanging around for quite a while, he initially wants 307usd, but i should be able to bargin him down to somewhere around 258usd.
I would go and check them out in a few days.

it seems like 5 of then are bayonet and 6 are screw mount. Would there be a chance that the once that are bayonet mount, could fit the k7 ? or is there a difference between pk mounts and older bayonet mounts ( i am sorry, but i am a bit rusty on this topic)

11-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #5

I would not pay the price for them if all the information was from that picture.You need to get a list of exactly what is in the collection to be able to evaluate it
11-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #6

As long as the bayonet is k mount then it will fit the K7. But I agree with Boker, if you are able to inspect them before you buy. It would suck if some of the ones you wanted turned out to have some issue or damage with them.

I hope you get some winners
11-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I think you need a better image and a list of what is in the package. I mean, those lenses can be great, but from that image you cannot tell which ones they are and how they look internally (if everything works). Though, from the outside they look good.. make sure this isn't just a stock image
Personally, if I had the time and money, I would love to try those lenses. You can always sell them later. Make the 1 hour ride a photo trip.
11-08-2012, 02:50 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
For all you know the bayonets could all be Canons or something without actually being able to examine them more closely. You'd be amazed how many 'collectors' out there are people who bought a bunch of assorted cameras at a yard sale, and try reselling them without having any idea what they're talking about.

EDIT: Just saying this because some of those lenses have that distinctive Canon silver ring at the lens mount. Yea, it was used with other mounts as well, but usually its a good early sign that you're looking at FD mount stuff.

11-08-2012, 05:46 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Here is a great Pentax Forum article on how to check the lenses for problems.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/59245-pawnshop-lense...ers-guide.html

Tim
11-08-2012, 05:54 AM   #10
Site Supporter

Another good article on using older lenses on Pentax DSLRs: Shooting manual lenses on Pentax DSLRs robertsdonovan.com and this, too: http://www.robertsdonovan.com/?p=1371