Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
The slight purple around the ruler markings in front of the plane of focus, or the green fringing behind the plane of focus is Longitudinal CA (not the easily correctable Lateral CA that gets worse at the edges - see here). That is normal CA, and I see it all the time with my DFA 100mm Macro at 2.8...

The broad purple fringing around the highlights is sensor overflow due to high contrast, and can be influenced by the type of sensor as well as the lens itself. My K-5 shows more of this purple fringing than my old K20D with the same lenses... but it's still quite a lot in those photos!
Thanks for the link. Makes for good reading all the way to to the last paragraph.

11-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Thanks for the link. Makes for good reading all the way to to the last paragraph.
Heh.
Yes, I know the last paragraph contradicts what I wrote about purple fringing. I'm in the "sensor bloom" camp due to personal experience with apochromats, and the examples he showed (including "green fringing?") were obviously LoCA, not purple fringing from an in-focus highlight.
11-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #18

So tell me what you think is going on here. I posted this on another forum a couple years ago and someone said it was CA, and easy to correct with software. I tried to fix it but no joy.