Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
In Poland - 900 USdollars!!!
But it is my favourite lens and there was worthy of his price.

W Polsce - 900 dolarów!!!
Ale to mój ulubiony obiektyw i jest wart swojej ceny.

11-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #17
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vindemiatrix Quote
I've heard that but after toughtful considering between the limiteds and this lens It has the focal lenght and speed I most prefer, and the thin dof and bokeh my style of photograph likes

Can't wait!
I know what you are saying, I had all FA ltds but I preferred the FOV/DOF combination of DA*55, although to be fair, my favourite 50ish lens was K50/1.2 I still honestly think it was the best K mount lens I've ever used!
Anyway, as I said, enjoy the lens
11-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I just do't understand why ppl always confuse the two lens: *55/1.8 and FA 50 1.4.
No offense. But these two lens are TOTALLY DIFFERENT purpose, even with the similar FL.
*55 is the successor of the FA * 85/1.4 on the crop sensor. This is a portrait lens.
FA50 is the standard lens from the FILM ERA....personaly talking I think it is some compromise made by Pentax, for not letting us abandon the hope that in the near future there will be a DIGIT FF release.
However, if you are confused---check the *55 price of SIGMA/CN. they should be way more expensive.
Best,
Bing
11-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #19

Original Poster
Update

I received the lens today, is perfect exept for a small dent on the outer ring on the lens hood.

Love the size, I don't have any of the limiteds but I can't imagine something smaller. The sound of autofocusing creeped me out.. a slight beep beep sound like my laptop going off or a tv going off...

can't wait to start playing with tomorrow!

11-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I received the lens today, is perfect exept for a small dent on the outer ring on the lens hood.

Love the size, I don't have any of the limiteds but I can't imagine something smaller. The sound of autofocusing creeped me out.. a slight beep beep sound like my laptop going off or a tv going off...

can't wait to start playing with tomorrow!
Glad to hear - thanks for updating. Looking forward to hearing your opinion on the lens - hope you got one that focuses perfectly!
11-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats! Dont be afraid to get it wet!

Last edited by TOUGEFC; 11-16-2012 at 09:49 PM.
11-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #22

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Comngrats! Dont be afraid to get it wet!
AHh yeah it was actually looking at your flickr when I started thinking about this lens. I added you as a contact I have the same handle there.

Love all your pictures, hopefully I'll become half as good, I just need to find subjects!!! no kids.. no friends LOL
11-17-2012, 04:38 AM   #23
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
AHh yeah it was actually looking at your flickr when I started thinking about this lens. I added you as a contact I have the same handle there.

Love all your pictures, hopefully I'll become half as good, I just need to find subjects!!! no kids.. no friends LOL
Congratulations on the lens! Be sure to post photos as they come in.