Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #1

choosing hoods

not sure if this is the right place to put this thread but nevermind

just recently got a 50mm 1.2 :0, iv also got a 50 fa 1.4, 35mm 2.8 and 28mm 2.8

i was reading this article on choosing the correct sized hood and was wondering which hoods i need

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/47414-about-lens-hoods-important.html

I intend on using all these lens on full frame format, ME super, and my DSLR, on any recomdations on which hoods to get?

are there any i could use over several lens, like the 50mm on film would be simular to the 35mm on croped sensor so would i only need one hood?

any hood recomdations would be helpful, i dont mind if you even recomend 2 hoods for each lens

thanks

11-13-2012, 11:24 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The is a spreadsheet that can determine the size of hood, as long as you feed the data correctly

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/46...d-hoodcalc-zip

You need to consider the format, I.e. 24 x 36 or 16 x 24, as well as hood diameter, diameter of the front element, and the set back of the front element from the end of the accessory thread ( you need to subtract this from the length of the hood the program calculates otherwise vignette nag will occur