Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2012, 02:29 AM   #1

Loreo PC Shift Lens -does anybody know?

Hello,
I'd like to ask if there are any users of the Loreo PC Shift Lens here. It's described as a tilt-shift lens, and, compared to others it is rather cheap.
I like photos with this effect and I'd like to try to take some, but I don't really want to spend vast sums on a, honestly speaking, toy(Lensbabies are quite expensive and I'd rather spend this money on something else). I'm also not this good to construct something like this by myself from some old lenses.
Thank you for your opinions.

11-17-2012, 03:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't have one, but at only f/11, I imagine the viewfinder would be very dark.
You'd probably have to use Live View.

If you just want the effect, post-processing with the bundled software
that comes with the K-r would be much better.
11-17-2012, 03:58 AM   #3

Original Poster
I guess I could just achieve the effect with post-processing, but it's no fun
11-17-2012, 05:31 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Keep in mind that the primary function of these lenses is to fight against perspective distortion and maximizing the DoF on the subject. These lenses are especially useful for architecture and macro photography. The 'miniature' effect is mostly a gimmick and you will probably get bored with it. Did you try the third party brand lens reviews on this forum? If its not in there, maybe you could write a review after getting it
The reason TS lenses are so expensive is because they are a niche product and complicated to make and use.