Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #31

Did the WR's survive the freezer?

11-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #32
D0n
Banned

anybody speak french?

I'm from Canada eh? there's only two languages... English and French, and that ain't English so it must be French.
05-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #33

Original Poster
Arctic photography.

Hi, sorry for the long dealy in replying to the previous posts. It's been hectic post-expedition.

The cameras worked extremely well even down to -30C, the batteries less so but this was to be expedted and it was a case of putting them close to my body for 10 minutes prior to shooting. I had a small problem removing the batteries at the battery cover was hard to handle with gloves on.

In the end i used a 8-16mm sigma and a 17-50 tamron lens with my k-7 and k-5 respectively. There was no freezing in the barrels and i had a quick mount on the bottom of each for easy loading onto a manfroto tripod. Below are a couple of my photos, there are more on my website Svalbard Solo | A 5 week expedition to the high Arctic.

My canon compact lasted 1 day in the arctic so I only used the dslrs and they worked very well. I just had to keep them away from my stove when it was melting water. Best to keep it outside the tent.

Again thank you to everyone for their advice it helped out on the ice.
Attached Images

05-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Just saw this thread.
I'm glad to see that it all worked out.