11-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great series of 16mm images Tom.

11-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #62

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by runslikeapenguin Quote
So lets hear the truth, If I'm going to drop the cash on something like this i need to know the truth. I'm no IQ obsessed pixel peeper but i do like sharpness and speed in my glass....
So the question is! Is the 16-50 the turd or the gem that everyone seems to be split about.
p,s. if you're going to show me test pictures make sure they're not of your kids or flowers in your backyard. Please . . .
You are reading in my mind!
I'm still thinking about this lens...
Thanks for post and to others for answers!

Czytasz w moich myślach!
Ciągle myślę o tym szkle.
Dzięki za post, a innym za odpowiedzi!
11-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #63
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NeverSatisfied Quote
One of the virtues of the 16-50 is the weather sealing, of course. At the time, I only owned that, and the DA*50-135, and it was a great two-lens kit for motorcycle touring. In a case like that, zooms are just a lot easier to deal with and use while on the road exploring unknown locations. I plan on doing a lot more motorcycle touring and camping in the near future, thus my renewed interest in possibly re-acquiring a 16-50.

I was reading a "ride report" on another forum, about a guy's motorcycle trip from Arizona to Alaska, which has really sparked my imagination. He's a fellow Pentaxian, using a K5 and the DA*16-50 (plus a couple others), and came up with some really amazing shots:

WAY UP NORTH - To The Arctic Ocean & Back to Arizona - ADVrider

So it all depends on your needs. Tamron and Sigma equivalents are also good lenses, but, at least for what this gentleman did, it was the perfect choice, and I don't think you can argue the quality of his work. (And I hope those of you that follow the link enjoy the thread! )

Hey dude make sure you put an NSFW tag on a link like that. Not cool dude, i can't just have HDR images pop up when im browsing at school or around my kids.

On another note that guy has renewed my hope in the lens. Its hard to judge the quality of something when all the sample images you get from that lens are from people that apparently don't know how to use AF correctly. That guy seemed to have it down.
11-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yea as far as the AF, he must indeed. They had a limited time period and quite an itinerary, so I'm sure he didn't have a lot of time to spend off the bike "fiddling" with equipment. Sorry about the unexpected HDR exposure!

11-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #65
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thread closed due to the OP being a complete and utter troll..

Last edited by Parallax; 11-24-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Closed Thread