Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #46
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by iNicole Quote
Hey! I'm Canadian and our accent sounds exactly like American's from New York (not Texas...)...
Ha! Ha! During the time I lived in B.C., I had the opportunity to hear pretty much the full spectrum of Canadian speech, but don't remember any that was similar to New York (even upstate!). I don't know of any U.S. dialect that takes care to properly pronounce vowels. I can also honestly state that I have never heard anything on this side of the border that even remotely compares to Newfie!

Steve

12-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Ha! Ha! During the time I lived in B.C., I had the opportunity to hear pretty much the full spectrum of Canadian speech, but don't remember any that was similar to New York (even upstate!). I don't know of any U.S. dialect that takes care to properly pronounce vowels. I can also honestly state that I have never heard anything on this side of the border that even remotely compares to Newfie!

Steve
Yesboi that's right, that newfie accent is no where close to any American accent I've ever heard
12-10-2012, 04:49 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
O Canada! Lived in Toronto many years ago; glad to see the Argos won the Grey Cup.

Sorry to hear about the cross-border hassles. Keh is a good company -- you always get a little more than advertised. Solution might be to convince Keh management to set up a Canadian subsidiary, and let Keh handle the border stuff. You could suggest this in a letter to:

Mr. King Grant, Jr.
President
KEH Inc.
4900 Highlands Parkway SE
Smyrna, GA 30082

...and point out that Canada has a LOT of avid photographers who want to buy from Keh, if the border problems could be cleared up.

Good luck!