Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
What are good lens cleaning services available?

I've seen that KEH and CRIS both repair services, but what if I just want a cleaning service (I have the Tamron 70-200 Vacuum Cleaner) instead of repair?

I googled up some cleaning services, but they either seem to not deal with Tamron, refer to some serious cleaning (polishing of scratches or fungus), or are a little bit on the shady side.

If it's KEH or CRIS, how do I say "Please just clean the internals of dust and stuff, it's not broken"?

Thanks for any help guys.

11-23-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you tried Tamron themselves, especially if you're still in the 6 year guarantee?
11-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Oh I didn't even think about that - I have to go and check then. My question still stands, as I would like to know if some of my other lenses do get dusty as well.

Thanks.
11-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Oh I didn't even think about that - I have to go and check then. My question still stands, as I would like to know if some of my other lenses do get dusty as well.

Thanks.
Eric will do CLAs on Pentax lenses.

http://pentaxs.com/index.html

Phil.