Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Giving Sigma ''props''

Folks, I will keep this brief.
A few months ago, I purchased a Sigma 28-300 SUPER ZOOM from Dell...After using it for the trip I had planned, the locking mechanism started to fail and the image quality went from pretty good to way bad...
I called dell and they told me to send it back them (DELL) and that it would take about 6-8 weeks to get it repaired or exchanged...I said that is not acceptable...They said, there is nothing they can do about it...

two days later, I called Sigma and a very nice lady told me to simply make a copy of the invoice and mail it in to them directly...I did and less than a week later, I had my new replacement lens...

When I called back to thank her, she said, that when ever any Sigma product needs repair or replacement, contact them direct and they will take care of it...I thought I would pass this on...
Sigma - Support - Contact

''Pentax'' are you listening?

02-12-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If her name was Gina, what a sweetheart, and really kind on the eyes too!
02-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
that's really great support!
02-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is great customer service. That would keep me loyal. That might even prompt me to send a letter to Sigma acknowledging her service. Nice to hear these stories once in awhile.

02-12-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the level of support is good, but note a couple of points.

If you later decided to go back to dell for a refund (let's say you decided you didn't want the lens or continued to still have problems) they could not take it back because it was not the same seerial number they sold youo.

What is surprising was that dell did not offer a replacement directly. They do this for lots of other things under warranty, usually they send them by courier with a return courier lable for the box so you can return the origonal product, and that's right, they send the replacement on faith.
02-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote

What is surprising was that dell did not offer a replacement directly. They do this for lots of other things under warranty, usually they send them by courier with a return courier lable for the box so you can return the origonal product, and that's right, they send the replacement on faith.
I have found this to be true of my XPS lap tops and XPS desk tops as that customer support is U.S. Based...However all other inquires and problems I have had in the past I have had to deal with someone in India and it is frustrating to no end...
02-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Sigma's service is great. i got a bunked 28mm ex dg (bad board)...called them up...they told me to send it...1 week later..it's good as new......