Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tightness of DA Limited mount

Do the DA Limited lenses tend to fit tighter in the lens mount? I have a DA 40 Limited which requires more twisting energy than I'm accustomed to using to mount it. There is no other problem, no scraping and the lens functions perfectly.
Thanks

11-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by TaiChiTom Quote
Do the DA Limited lenses tend to fit tighter in the lens mount? I have a DA 40 Limited which requires more twisting energy than I'm accustomed to using to mount it. There is no other problem, no scraping and the lens functions perfectly.
Thanks
I think they feel so tight because of their small size: you've got less to hold on to while turning the lens.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think its not unusual to have slight variation in tightness in mounts between lens. It is more likely to be the case with a brand new lens. A few years back i bought a brand new Sigma 10-20 that was super tight. I was actually pretty concerned when I first go it and tried it out. However, over time it loosened quite a bit and it really is no different than my other lens now.

Last edited by oxidized; 11-29-2012 at 07:28 PM.
11-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I am pretty sure I agree with what Adam said.

I will get one of the zooms out tomorrow and compare the feel.

11-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Also, plastic mounts tend to have less resistance when unmounting. And a new lens can be a bit 'tight' at first, but its not a problem.
11-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
Site Supporter

I think it's normal.

My DA 15 is a little bit tighter than some other lenses I own, and it may very well be a result of the smaller diameter resulting in less mechanical advantage.

Or maybe it's just a little bit tighter!
11-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Funny, I've also noticed my DA40 is probably the tightest lens in my collection. Glad to read that mine is not "abnormal". (Or, maybe it's just that both of ours are.)
11-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #8
Veteran Member

all the da's i have (and had) are a little tighter in fit