Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2012, 06:03 AM   #46

Photos: Albums
I recently had a new K5 from Beachcamera (they tried to trick me with a DAL kit lens instead of a WR, also they dont pay return shipping even - they claim it is similar to driving to the store, which is BS as insured shipping costs about $20) and a Canon 60D as well as a EF70-300 IS lens. I also had a Canon 30D new with no factory sealing as-well.

I think it is more a general issue that these items are never factory sealed, I assume this is due to over the counter sales as they are usually done in person in the camera store. The issue arises therefore that in opposite to buying an item in the store there is no way to see the item's condition. Therefore one needs to be able to rely on having a new unused item sent. So, I think a similar important issue is that manufacturers dont seem to seal their stuff.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, lens, pentax lens, slr lens