Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Darn you, Pentax rebates!!!

You've forced me to buy yet another lens, the DA10-17.

I'm sitting here with my $100 rebate from my DA50-200 and AFG360 flash (not quite sure how that added up to $100, but I'm not complaining). I've been thinking about the 10-17 for a while and the price just dropped about $50 on Beach Camera, so I pulled the trigger. The rebate expires on Sunday, so I just got it in under the wire.

Fun pictures to follow in a couple of weeks.

01-04-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote

I'm sitting here with my $100 rebate from my DA50-200 and AFG360 flash (not quite sure how that added up to $100, but I'm not complaining). I've been thinking about the 10-17 for a while and the price just dropped about $50 on Beach Camera, so I pulled the trigger. The rebate expires on Sunday, so I just got it in under the wire.

Yeah, that's it, blame it on the rebate.

That was the same excuse I used......

How's it going in CLC Russ?

Ed
01-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #3

Quick question on the rebates... I know the deadline is soon, but is the deadline date the date at which you purchase the product, the date at which it comes, or the date at which the rebate is recieved by Pentax?
01-04-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Retnuhrace Quote
Quick question on the rebates... I know the deadline is soon, but is the deadline date the date at which you purchase the product, the date at which it comes, or the date at which the rebate is recieved by Pentax?

My assumption would that it is the date on the invoice which you receive from your supplier.

01-04-2007, 04:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Be happy you have rebates

The FA50/1.4 was so cheap in the US after the rebate..
01-04-2007, 06:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Typically it is from the date you make the purchase but the cutoff on some rebate applications is approx 30 days after you made the purchase. Don't tarry. I lost the claiming of a $50 rebate on a hard drive because I didn't get it in on time. Read the fine print.
01-04-2007, 07:13 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EddyinGA Quote
Yeah, that's it, blame it on the rebate.

That was the same excuse I used......

How's it going in CLC Russ?

Ed

Hi Ed! We're wet here in CLC. I need to get out and take more photos. I'm looking forward to taking some fun shots with the 10-17. I see where you're getting a nice collection of lenses yourself. Post some pictures of Savannah. I need to go back so I can get some good shots. My last trip was still a learning experience with the camera (*ist DL). I didn't really get any nice shots.

Take care!

01-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Retnuhrace Quote
Yes, it is based on the invoice date, and then you've got 30 days from the invoice date to file the rebate. So far, all my Pentax rebates have come fairly quickly (in terms of rebates).
01-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #9
Inactive Account

You will love the 10~17 FE!! It really does a great job, is very sharp, and I keep finding all sorts of neat new views with it.

Walt
01-04-2007, 07:45 PM   #10
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
Hi Ed! We're wet here in CLC. I need to get out and take more photos. I'm looking forward to taking some fun shots with the 10-17. I see where you're getting a nice collection of lenses yourself. Post some pictures of Savannah. I need to go back so I can get some good shots. My last trip was still a learning experience with the camera (*ist DL). I didn't really get any nice shots.

Take care!
Yes Sir, I need to get out and take some good pictures of Historic Savannah, GA. Savannah is one of the most picturesque cities in the country. Most of what I have taken here have been poor at best as I am still learning the ins and outs of photography once again You'd think it would be like riding a Bicycle again after 20 some years. But, unfortunately, it's not.

Yes, I have put together a small collection of lenses and am quite happy with all of them. I just got the FA 35mm F2 today and, after playing with it around the house here, it sure seems like a first class piece of gear. I think it will spend a lot of time on my K100D

I'll get some good Savannah stuff over the next couple of weeks and post them both here and at DPR.

Stay dry, but send some of that rain over here to us. We NEED it.

take care,

Ed
01-04-2007, 09:41 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:

Ha - I'm just the opposite. I got the 10-17 with the body and 2 Sigmas elsewhere on the first go round about 6 weeks ago. However, I just sent in the paperwork on the 50-200 today :-) Haven't even had a chance to shoot anything but my bookshelf (as usual) and a couple just-home-from-work low-light quickies. Have to say after toting around Sigmund (70-300), the Pentax 50-200 seems dinky.

Oh, yeah - watch your feet in the frame with the fisheye...

Last edited by SpecialK; 01-04-2007 at 10:03 PM.
01-04-2007, 10:52 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Oh, yeah - watch your feet in the frame with the fisheye...
Hee hee! I'm sure I'll make that mistake! I'll try to wear nice shoes at least.