Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #1

Mamiya M645 to K mount adapters?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I have a nice Mamiya M645 kit, and would like to try the lenses on my K-01, via an adapter. I've found this one:

Fotodiox Pro Adapter, Mamiya 645 M645 Lens to Pentax K-Mount, PK Camera Mount Adapter -- forPentax K-5, K-r, K-x, K-7, x70, X90, K200d, K20d, K100D Super, K10D, K110D,K100D, *ist DL2, *ist DS2, *ist DL, *ist DS, K1000, K2000: Amazon.ca: Electronics

Does anyone have any experience with these? Adapters seem to run up to the $200+ range, do I have to spend that kind of cash for quality?

Thanks
Pete

12-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Can't personally say much on that particular adapter, however, I can tell you that if it's going to matter to you whether or not there's a little "Play" to the adapter, then you should probably go with the higher end ones. That said, even with the cheapest of lens adapters, I've never seen any that cause issues which prohibit all use.(Basically, it might feel cheap, have issues mounting and dismounting and wiggle a bit, but I doubt it will not work.

Also - If you're up for trying it, get one and if it's flawed, return it. It states there's no play in the adapter, and that it has a 24M manufacture(r's?) warranty.
12-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You should do another search on ebay, there is one seller, who has M645 to K adapters for roughly 60 USD, which is a more realistic preice for a Chinese product. I decided (before I found the cheaper adaptors), that I make my own out of a M645 extension tube and one of those cheap M42/K-mount adaptor rings. Still not finished, though, but fairly easy to make (I have a lathe and mill at hand).

The Photodiox does look okay. Probably not as smooth as a Zoerkendoerfer, but useable. And the price is unbeatable...
Ben
12-03-2012, 08:52 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
M645 DIY adapter

A morsel of pastry as it were -- and cost nothing

I built an M645-PK adapter from a Mamiya rear lens cap, a scavenged PK lens mount and a suitable piece of plastic plumbing pipe. The lens mount is epoxied to the pipe and the pipe is a tight slip fit in the Mamiya cap which offers the opportunity to "tune" the registry distance to suit and serve as a slight macro extension if desired -- could also be glued after adjusting.

Taken with the C 150/3.5 - distance about 6 feet.

H2

02-05-2017, 02:08 PM   #5
Forum Member

Beware !!!

The weight of larger heavier medium format lenses could damage the Pentax K camera body.

B&H sells a Mamiya 645 to Pentax K adapter for about $50

B&H sells a Bronica GS-1 PG to Pentax K adapter for about $130

The Bronica adapter includes a tripod foot to better support the heavy PG lenses.

Beware... be careful out there.

---------- Post added 02-05-17 at 03:17 PM ----------

The Mamiya 645 adapter looks pretty interesting if you have either or both of these two lenses.

80mm f1.9
soft focus 145mm f4

Anyone who has shot either of these on a Pentax digital?
What were the results like?

Note: the 80mm f1.9 is not cheap used these days. You would spend about the same as for a new Rokonon 85mm 1.4
02-06-2017, 08:08 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Danaher Dempsey Quote
The weight of larger heavier medium format lenses could damage the Pentax K camera body.

B&H sells a Mamiya 645 to Pentax K adapter for about $50

B&H sells a Bronica GS-1 PG to Pentax K adapter for about $130

The Bronica adapter includes a tripod foot to better support the heavy PG lenses.

Beware... be careful out there.

---------- Post added 02-05-17 at 03:17 PM ----------

The Mamiya 645 adapter looks pretty interesting if you have either or both of these two lenses.

80mm f1.9
soft focus 145mm f4

Anyone who has shot either of these on a Pentax digital?
What were the results like?

Note: the 80mm f1.9 is not cheap used these days. You would spend about the same as for a new Rokonon 85mm 1.4
The weight of the 645 lenses isn't exceptional and many Pentax lenses are in the same weight-league. So, obviously the usual provisions apply. Don't cary the camera on its neck-strap, with a 500/5.6 Mamiya lens attached... But don't do that either with the Pentax 500/4.5 or a 300/2.8 or a Bigma etc. It's I think, more a question of torque (excerted by longer lenses), than one of absolute weight and some common sense should be applied.

By the way: the soft focus lenses would be about the only reasons to attach medium format lenses to a PK body, as most other focal lengthes are covered by generic Pentax or third party glass.

Ben
02-06-2017, 08:13 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Look online for 3d printer models of an adapter also.