Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2008, 10:06 AM   #16
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,400
QuoteOriginally posted by gnaztee Quote
I did that, and the truth I'm trying to avoid is that I come in at prime focal lengths for Pentax lenses (the expensive ones)

I'm at 16 often (which would suggest the DA 14 or upcoming DA 15 Ltd)

I'm at 20 often (so, DA 21)

I'm at 30 often (don't even want to think about the FA 31 or DA* 30)

and I'm at 45 (FA 43?)

I'm OVERWHELMINGLY at these lengths with the 16-45

With the 28-75, I'm always at 28 (suggesting I need wider), and near 70 (again with the DA Prime length).

Nothing against primes, but price and frequency of lens changes scare me away in the 14-50 range.


Todd
Todd

Lets group these a little

you are at 16 and 20 often so why not a 10-20 and be done with it.

also you are never between 20 and 30, so just keep your 28-75

also if you are at 16 and 45 often, it suggests you really want both wider and longer, and going with an ultra wide zoom and the 28-75 may be much more reasonable.

My initial suggestion has you down to two high quality zooms, and you could also easliy substitute the 12-24 pentax, the 12-24 sigma or the upcoming 10-24 tamron, for the sigma 10-20

I did an analysis of all of 2007 and found the 10-20 on my cameras for 20% of all shots

02-14-2008, 11:09 AM   #17
Veteran Member
gnaztee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cornelius, OR
Posts: 753
Original Poster
Okay

Do you have the 10-20/28-75 combo? You're making good sense here. If the 10-20 is on 20% of the time, what makes up the other 80%? I think I'd change the 12-24 for the 10-20 though.

So I know there are a couple of people on the forum who have the 12-24/28-75 combo. If you're seeing this, what do you think?

Todd
02-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #18
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,400
QuoteOriginally posted by gnaztee Quote
Do you have the 10-20/28-75 combo? You're making good sense here. If the 10-20 is on 20% of the time, what makes up the other 80%? I think I'd change the 12-24 for the 10-20 though.

So I know there are a couple of people on the forum who have the 12-24/28-75 combo. If you're seeing this, what do you think?

Todd
yes I do, I bought the 28-75 at christmas to replace my old 28-105 FA power zoom and get something faster.

Overall, the 10-20 was 20% of shots, 200mm and up was an additional 20% of my shots, about 10% no focal length available. (*istD with K mount lenses)
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
da, k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SR Went Crazy Engi_Nerd Pentax DSLR Discussion 5 06-09-2010 08:37 PM
Maybe I'm Not Crazy After All Sailor General Talk 7 04-02-2010 07:02 AM
I'm going crazy!!! mchud Pentax DSLR Discussion 16 11-30-2008 04:38 AM
Am I crazy? :) kinsale Pentax DSLR Discussion 17 08-21-2008 12:01 PM
How many of us are this crazy? straightshooter Photographic Technique 55 06-26-2008 06:50 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:24 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top