Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the DAs 40 and 70 and they are incredible. I pretty much boxed out the other two with a Sigma 15 fisheye and SMC-A 24. Those gaps I left are too big for many who would find need for a 35 and 50 to fill in, but I'm fine with these; if I decide that I really must fill, I have two bargain Rikenons at 28 and 55mm on the back shelf.

12-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I use the 15 and the 21 fairly regularly for my landscape shooting. The 21 is every bit as good as the 15 in Sharpness, color, flare resistance, etc. I do get a slight barreling when I have a straight horizon near the periphery of the frame, but it gets a horizon correction in photoshop using a single slider tweak. Keep in mind the 15mm gives significant perspective distortion; IMO, it requires at least as much PP correction as the 21. In all, they are both extremely useful lenses and high performers. You can also pop one in each pants pocket, have a third lens on the camera, and you can go anywhere with a nice compact prime set. Highly recommended.

Here are a few of my 21 shots:
Lens: DA21 Limited - a set on Flickr

I hope that is viewable without having to log into Flickr. Let me know.
12-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #33
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
I use the 15 and the 21 fairly regularly for my landscape shooting. The 21 is every bit as good as the 15 in Sharpness, color, flare resistance, etc. I do get a slight barreling when I have a straight horizon near the periphery of the frame, but it gets a horizon correction in photoshop using a single slider tweak. Keep in mind the 15mm gives significant perspective distortion; IMO, it requires at least as much PP correction as the 21. In all, they are both extremely useful lenses and high performers. You can also pop one in each pants pocket, have a third lens on the camera, and you can go anywhere with a nice compact prime set. Highly recommended.

Here are a few of my 21 shots:
Lens: DA21 Limited - a set on Flickr

I hope that is viewable without having to log into Flickr. Let me know.
I saw your photos and they look great. You're very good!

I still have a lot of things I need to learn about photography and especially post processing. I am hoping I get a copy of lightroom 4 for christmas... I have been using a trial version and it seems nice. I still don't know how to use it though.

As far as the 21mm goes, I probably won't buy it this month merely because I have run up quite the credit card bill already. That being said the 21mm interests me so I might try it out. Like you said...one in each pants pocket and off with you...I like the small light easy and sharp parts...

I will probably get the 21 next and then after a while get the 55mm f1.4....