Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 106 Likes Search this Thread
07-27-2014, 08:01 PM - 1 Like   #316

Photos: Albums
Hi Guys, following gokhans post i managed to activate the screwdriver on my DA* 50-135 with the K-5.
What I was doing wrong : file have to be named with capitals letter: develop.mod has to be capitals letter or the debug mod does not opens up.

Claudio

08-01-2014, 06:57 AM   #317
sbc
Pentaxian

That is good info. Never thought of that.
08-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #318

On the K100d how do you get into the lens eprom editor. I am in debug mode and all that I can find are capture test, system test, and af test. Someone who has done this on a k100d please tell me what am I missing? Thanks
08-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #319

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by auricle Quote
Hi guys,

I hope you can help me.

I followed ruggiex's instructions above to put my K3 into debug mode (thanks ruggiex) which meant copying the two files onto an SD card, started the camera then set debug mode to 'EN'. I then restarted the camera and navigated to:

LENS ROM DAT CAMERA=>SD

But trying to copy the firmware over doesn't work. I clicked OK numerous times, tried other buttons but nothing will copy over the data to the SD card. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

Thank you.
I'm having this same issue. Has anyone figured this out?

08-25-2014, 05:06 AM   #320

Is there any possibility to hack K-30?
08-25-2014, 06:01 AM   #321
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by swindsa Quote
Is there any possibility to hack K-30?
all you need is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8as9d8y1jqc79y2/AABpyH5tau2mxrw8K68yUb2Xa?dl=0
08-25-2014, 08:20 AM   #322

Thank you. I can enter the debug menu, but when I try to copy the firmware, it doesn't work.

08-26-2014, 06:00 PM   #323
Huy
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Duc-Driver Quote
Do you have the files for K-50?
08-26-2014, 10:07 PM   #324
Huy
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Huy Quote
Do you have the files for K-50?
I just checked the file name 0077750.545 on my K-50 as suggested by forum members arnibax and Shodan. I can enter the debug mode now.
Thank you guys.
09-05-2014, 05:39 AM   #325
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bjstirling Quote
Just wanted to share my success using my K200D to revive a "dead" DA* 50-135 I bought off eBay. I also have a K-5 and it seems you can enter debug mode using the latest version of PK_Tether. However, some users had commented about PK_Tether crashing so I didn't want to try it while flashing firmware. Since i had the K200D I decided to take the easy way of course. ;-) (see this thread on how to access the debug menu on the K200D)

• I created the modset.445 file (required for the K200D) using the instructions in post #3 of this thread
• I inserted the memory card and left the card slot door open while turning the camera on which opens the debug menu
• On page 3 of the debug menu I selected "Save Lens PROM File" (or similar). This puts the LENSEEP.LNS file on the memory card
• I saved the original LENSEEP.LNS file in case I wanted to restore (yeah right)
• I placed the LENSEEP.LNS file from post #66 in this thread on the memory card overwriting the original LENSEEP.LNS file
• Place the card back in the camera start up with the card slot door open again to access debug menu
• Again, from the third page I chose "Load Len PROM file" which opened the LENSEEP.LNS file from the memory card
• From the first page of the debug menu I selected to disable debug mode

The lens then worked on both the K-5 and the K200D. I know this is probably pretty old news for most folks but I hadn't specifically seen the K200D mentioned in this thread so I thought i'd share that it worked for me.

Thanks Clover and others for making this fix possible!
This post turned out to be a lifesaver for me. After two nights of futility trying to get the hack to work with my K-5, I dug up my K200D from the basement last evening, followed these instructions, and had a functioning 50-135 within a half an hour. It is so nice to have my 50-135 back in action. I bought my 50-135 several years ago, had an SDM failure after a couple of years and out of warranty, sent it to CRIS for repair which cost a couple hundred bucks and didn't last long, and it's just been sitting around ever since. This was one of my favorite lenses before it kept dying. Sure, the screwdrive is noisy, but it works and seems faster than the SDM was.

Thanks so much for this thread and the information!
09-05-2014, 11:57 PM   #326
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jremick Quote
I'm having this same issue. Has anyone figured this out?
Me too.
I can get into debug on a K3 and other things work, just I'm not able to copy the lens ROM to the SD card.

09-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #327
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Me too.
I can get into debug on a K3 and other things work, just I'm not able to copy the lens ROM to the SD card.

Ok...this is the MOST amazing hack I have EVER done!!!
I used my old K5 and it was FLAWLESS and EASY to do!!!
Now my DA*16-50 is back in action!!!
Unbelievably cool!!!

---------- Post added 09-06-14 at 08:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Duc-Driver Quote
I love you!!!

Also, here is proof that Lightroom still sees the lens.

Last edited by LaurenOE; 09-06-2014 at 07:12 PM.
09-07-2014, 10:20 AM   #328
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unbelievably cool!!!

I love you!!!

I just finished doing my other DA*16-50 before it goes bad.

I'm glad this *fix* exists, as I use my cameras professionally, and my DA*16-50 is used for those quick-in-close pictures.
The IQ of this lens is worth it.

I found out my lens stopped working as I was getting a shot, and it took a few seconds to go through the checklist of what *I* might be doing wrong for it to not focus.
Seconds where lost, and the only reason I went to manual was because I remembered these threads here.

What a disaster if I was counting on this lens to continue to autofocus!!!

My advice to EVERYONE with this lens is to just go ahead and do this hack.
You won't always be near a computer, or be able to download the file to hack in the field.

The failure is not a case of *if* it will happen, it's a case of *when*.

My lens gave me NO indication if it was getting ready to fail.

Save yourself some pain and DO THIS.

09-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #329
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unbelievably cool!!!

I love you!!!

I just finished doing my other DA*16-50 before it goes bad.

I'm glad this *fix* exists, as I use my cameras professionally, and my DA*16-50 is used for those quick-in-close pictures.
The IQ of this lens is worth it.

I found out my lens stopped working as I was getting a shot, and it took a few seconds to go through the checklist of what *I* might be doing wrong for it to not focus.
Seconds where lost, and the only reason I went to manual was because I remembered these threads here.

What a disaster if I was counting on this lens to continue to autofocus!!!

My advice to EVERYONE with this lens is to just go ahead and do this hack.
You won't always be near a computer, or be able to download the file to hack in the field.

The failure is not a case of *if* it will happen, it's a case of *when*.

My lens gave me NO indication if it was getting ready to fail.

Save yourself some pain and DO THIS.

Did that too a while back and boy am I glad to have my DA*16-50 doing what it's supposed to: focus properly with no hesitation.
I sure don't mind the little "noise" it now makes (screw drive) .... heck! I would even take a few more decibels!

I'm glad you resurrected yours as well!

JP
09-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #330
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Did that too a while back and boy am I glad to have my DA*16-50 doing what it's supposed to: focus properly with no hesitation.
I sure don't mind the little "noise" it now makes (screw drive) .... heck! I would even take a few more decibels!

I'm glad you resurrected yours as well!

JP
I have a shoot tomorrow morning, and I have 10 minutes to get what I need from a high ranking member of the company.
One K3 on a slider, another on a Jib, and another in my hands for stills.
Failure, is NOT an option
So happy this is done now!!!!