Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2007, 04:32 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Macro with the...

SMC A35-105/3.5

This lens has been collecting dust in my pack bag and decided to put it on the DS for a couple of weeks. The last time I had it on the DS was back in Febuary and this pic;

Here's the macro from tonight with the onboard flash at f8 and 60mm, couldn't wait to take it out in the sunlight...
As shot jpg*** with just levels adj, from about 18" away

100% crop

All comments and critique welcomed...

01-05-2007, 04:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought that lens for my girlfriend (she prefers MF) and the quality of it is rather amazing I think.. And a rather nice constant 3.5 to boot...
01-05-2007, 05:22 AM   #3

Original Poster
I prefer MF also but my eyes are getting old. It's a little on the heavy side but with the grip its fairly well balanced. I have the FA 35-105/3.2 that I shoot allot with but I like the feel of this lens better...
01-05-2007, 05:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I tried the same lens while I was at Joel's place not so long ago. That manual focus feel was so nice and the image it produces was so sharp with amazing details.

Really a good lens. The manual focus ring has this push and pull design when it reaches the macro mode. Quite a solid and compact lens to use.

The first 2 photos have great colour and details.

The first macro shot was 1:2 ratio I guess. Somehow little fussy focus. The watch numbers were suffering a bit of purple fringeing?

I would love to own this lens to play around with

Cheers

01-05-2007, 07:57 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This was my standard lens when I still shot with film- I had always appreciated it's relatively fast aperture and good IQ.

Great pics! It just goes to show that old glass beats most of what's out there right now. With that said, I think I'll use it on my K10 this weekend- I'm planning on hiking Camelback

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: