Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Lens contact trouble. Source to buy new ones?

Hi,

Having a little lens trouble. Got a few of my lens's wet and now having some trouble (not surprising I guess). My aperture blades are sluggish now and it would be great to fix those....

But my main question is about the lens contacts. I was not getting good communication between the camera and the lens. I opened it up to see what might be happening. And unfortunately there is some rust/corrosion on the gold spring contacts in the lens. I tried to clean them but it wasn't totally successful. One of the contact springs broke (they are quite fragile). I cleaned them with a water/vinegar mixture. Was that a bad idea?

Basically I wanted to see if anyone knows where we can buy some additional gold spring contacts for a Pentax SMC DA lens? I think if I could put in a new spring the lens might be back in action (except for the slow aperture blades I guess).

thanks much!
-Peter

12-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
The slow aperture blades are a major problem, you'll never get consistent exposure without the blades working properly. Which lens is it exactly?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, blades, contact, contacts, gold, k-mount, lens, lens contact, pentax lens, slr lens, trouble