Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Help Vivitar lens bought as present but it don't fit

Hello,
I hope there is somebody who can help me, and that I am posting in the correct forum, My good lady was aware that I wanted a vivitar series 1 lens, to fit my K5, but she rather than ask particulars thought she would surprise me with a great xmas gift, well to her delight it arrived today, and as it looked so good she thought she would let me see it and get it setup for christmas day photos.

Well the lens is immaculate with case and caps its a

Vivitar Close focusing auto zoom lens 100-300 with 1.5 telephoto,but to my dismay it comes in two parts I am guessing first part is some kind of adaptall fitting(vivitar TX),but I can't get it to fit the lens or my camera, the lens will not fit straight on either, I have had a quick google and it would appear to be for a canon (C/FD), is there anything I can do to fit this lens to my camera, really do not want to disappoint her after she had gone to such an effort, any guidance much appreciated. P.S please excuse pics,from phone.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9300  Photo     
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9300  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9300  Photo 
12-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Unless someone has a better solution, seems to me that you probably need to supplement your good lady's purchase with a vivitar tx mount for pentax. There are quite a few available on ebay.
12-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for taking the time to reply, more than a bit out of my depth with this problem, so I will get on ebay and look for the adaptor suggested.
12-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I think what you've got there is a canon FD mount, sell that badboy and buy one that fits K mount. The end piece only that is, some vivitars have changeable mounts.
Interchangable Vivitar TX mount enjoy =)

12-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I will sell the Canon FD mount, and try and get a K mount for the lens, many thanks.