Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2008, 11:29 PM   #1

Looking for da35macro image samples

I've preorderd this lens, (I knew I would have to have it the very first time I saw it announced). But I would love to see some preview samples from it. I was thinking there must be some Japanese, or asian site with additional info on it.
Anyway if anyone stumbles onto anything I'd love to see it.
When I receive mine i'll post a mini review, and an image or 2 from it if possible.
thanks,
Levi

02-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The waiting is hard, eh? I'm in the same situation as you: I preordered one, and now I have to wait 2 full months (well, hoping it is a little less )... But I'm assured I will have the first copy to arrive in the Benelux, so this makes me ease down a bit.

Other than the photo's Benjikan posted on his smugmug, I haven't seen any other sample photo's made with the 35 macro...

Och well, I'm pretty sure this is going to be a swell lens... (it'd better be!)

In this other thread the lens is discussed at length, but, apparently not much people are interested in the 35 macro limited. Wonder why this is...
02-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the links

The Benjikan photos I did not know about
Also nice K20d examples.
Looking at the samples full size they are to my eye indistinguishable from film.
probably the the reason This lens is not getting that much attention is that most people think -Macro=insects= need more distance. and there is no shortage of lenses at or near that focal length. A lot of folks have already forked over money for the 31mmLTD.
personally I don't need or want the extra cost and inevetable size of of a F2.0 or larger lens.
What I do need is exceptional resolution across the entire image. and hopefully very little image distortion. It is a lens that I can put on my camera in the morning, go for a long hike, and know that it will meet all my needs. For my Wide, and Tall shots I'm using photoshop to stitch together multiple images, and it's important that the stitched edges are as sharp as the center of the images.
02-17-2008, 04:11 PM   #4
Inactive Account

I think this is a very classy lens. Best of all, it's a normal lens on dSLR with macro function, so it'll be a good all-arounder.

02-18-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I think (hope) that this 35 limited will have a stellar performance, in which case I sell my 31 limited and FA 50 macro (not sure of that last one, because I really love it very much.)

If you speak some Spanish, I came across this very interesting site... (use a on line translation tool if you don't. They explicitly state that Pentax made various versions of the 35 limited to field test them for bokeh and other things, which makes me believe this lens could very well be the one out of a million for me...
02-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for that,
I don't speak spanish, but I "read Babel fish"
It did a nice job of translating the web page.
The part I liked was it said that the lens had "excellent correction to all distances"
this is important to me since I intend to use if for both landscape, and architecture
02-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Levi Quote
Thanks for that,
The part I liked was it said that the lens had "excellent correction to all distances"
this is important to me since I intend to use if for both landscape, and architecture
Same here. The 35mm focal length on digital is actually very very useful. It's the perfect everyday focal length, not too short, not too long and good enough to work with for everything. That lens maybe my next lens.

02-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Levi Quote
Thanks for that,
That shouldn't be too much of a problem, since all macro's perform quite well near infinity as well; I liked more the part where they say they made various samples to field test them...
02-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tux08902 Quote
Same here. The 35mm focal length on digital is actually very very useful. It's the perfect everyday focal length, not too short, not too long and good enough to work with for everything. That lens maybe my next lens.
I'm in the same league: if that lens performs well, it could very well be a very versatile lens to use: like a 50mm in film days with macro possibilities... I remember in my filmdays, a 50mm was my most used lens, and that is why I'm wandering why it doesn't get more attention...
02-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #10
Veteran Member

See here:

TeKaDe - Deutschlands und Österreichs Pentax Shop Nr. 1 - Pentax smc DA 35 mm / 2,8 Macro Limited Pen_DA35 Macro

Is this price real? Because if so, I'm gonna buy me two of them!

Last edited by Pentaxke; 02-24-2008 at 03:06 AM.
02-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #11
Inactive Account

@Pentaxke I have in my country almost that same price...
Aparaty cyfrowe - fotografia cyfrowa - Canon, Olympus

1Euro - 3,6zł
02-23-2008, 02:05 PM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxke Quote
That really is a very nice price. Adorama have listed it at $600 right now. Hopefully that will drop soon...
02-23-2008, 02:46 PM   #13
Inactive Account

You can preorder it at Henry's for $449.
02-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #14
Veteran Member

or vistek for that matter, $449 CDN is tempting

do you have one already tux? i see it on your list :P
02-24-2008, 03:08 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
or vistek for that matter, $449 CDN is tempting

do you have one already tux? i see it on your list :P

I'm curious too...
Does anybody know sth concrete about availability?